Walmart pick up today is a lie

3857 of 5140 Walmart reviews

Walmart,

When you say pick up today for an online purchase, it should really be available to be picked up today!You tell me now that I have to wait tomorrow when the store is open 24 hours?!!

At least inform the customers before they make a purchase that 'pick up today' has exemptions!!!! I am very disappointed. This is not good business. Please update your online store or your customers will not be happy!

If the store I ask to get the item picked up is 24 hours then It is fair to assume that the item will be there when I can come and get it as soon as I want.

What is the limiting factor here?if the item is available on the shelf then why can i not use my order number to pick it up a few minutes after i purchase it online?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 38 Yes 38 18 No 18
Had the same issue 73 Yes 73
3857 of 5140 Walmart reviews

Jun 07, 2015 #992310 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

All you have to do is read idiots it's a website what website doesn't have issues? I know people that work for Walmart and are good employees and i constantly see rude customers. They expect the employees to bend over backwards when the problem is management. And walmart.com which the in stock isn't correct do as the person said call and check if you can't reach them then take a trip.

3 17 Reply

Dec 23, 2016 #1259810

Seriously.
Let me explain what you said in comparison to my *** customer service job. ..let's see if you see the problem.. aND don't stress to much because I will also explain in detail what customer service is.
Okay so my job is customer service as well.. I am an adult babysitter...better known as a bartender. Well see my job deals with customers who can be sweet but quickly turn aggressive because. ..seriously who knows sometimes.
Basically your version of customer versus employee would be me standing behind a bar serving nothing. ..because management messed up aND forgot to order rum...not all rum. Just that one rum this customer wants. So yeah we got no special rum and even though I got other rum I just say nope cant help you. ..we don't have that.so oh dear the nerve of this customer. .he actually still needs help. .wtf.. ..
sorry but I have my job because customers need a person to serve them for one. ..but to my surprise there is way way more to bartending! See I actually went above reading bartender for dummies...(yeah I know. . Walmart customer service needs a book like that for sure..first lesson. ..you cant please everyone but here are skills to help you in all situations) and actually studied, researched and perfected mixology. ..
Then i learned that there is even more to learn! LIKE knowing when to serve ...and the tricky part ...how to stop serving them with out causing temper tantrums/crying, along with offering that "omg your so
... Show more

0 0 Reply

May 10, 2015 #982295

What if the store is 30 miles away (and like many, many instances in many Walmart stores) I don't feel like driving an hour total, for something that may/may not be there? is that lazy?

3 0 Reply

May 10, 2015 #982299 Orange, California, United States

Like the OP and many others you do not know how to read. It clearly states before 5pm. You see kid you are too young to know how the business world works. Most jobs start at 9am and end at 5pm. Next time you and some of the others order something get a parent to read things for you since many of the big words are too hard to read and you will see that if you order after 5pm than the item arrives. If you are old enough to drive it is a shame you do not know how to read.

2 20 Reply

May 10, 2015 #982300 Orange, California, United States

Also if you had a brain you would know to call before you arrive to the store. You are too lazy to make a simple five minute call, or perhaps you are too dumb to figure this out.

1 21 Reply

May 10, 2015 #982286

Yeah, what the ***? I wanted a chair that the web site says is online available to pick up today. I go to check out to get the item, or to assure that i recieve the item...and it says not until May 15th? Can i please get a straight answer from anyone? Probably not.

1 1 Reply
pinksugarcookie

Dec 20, 2014 #918890

They did the same to me. Prepare for it to get worse. They told me to wait up to 6 days, then told me no it would be there on the 26th. They just want your money. Be prepared for disappointment.

4 0 Reply

Dec 02, 2014 #909678

The reason that it has exceptions is because someone has to actually go pick it off the shelf. It doesnt just magically appear at the desk you pick it up at. If you want it as soon as you order it then just get off your lazy butt and go get it at the store. Not that difficult.

8 38 Reply
Troll-killa

Feb 04, 2015 #941012 Lynchburg, Virginia, United States

Sometime (a lot of the time actually) the same item is cheaper online with in-store pickup. It's not a lazy thing. Online ordering is advertised as convenient and easy. Most of the time it is not. Quit being a troll and add something useful or be quiet.

18 1 Reply

Apr 28, 2015 #977830

However, Walmart price matches themselves with their online pricing. So it is a lazy thing.

2 15 Reply

May 10, 2015 #982290

NO, IT'S NOT A LAZY THING, are you really this ***? So, then why, when i went to a Walmart just last week, and said the same thing you just wrote, the guy said, "Well, its an online only deal" that's what it's there for" - and i could not buy the item, because i did not "PURCHASE IT ONLINE" -

7 1

May 10, 2015 #982293

Why are you "anonymous" you have hide behind that. It seems you're the only one sticking up for one of the worst companies in America. EVERYONE-watch the documentary-Walmart; The High Cost of Low Pricing. - Usually I would not even resort to this behavior and try to stay away as far as possible from Walmart, but in the instance, they have something for my nephew. No one else in a 50 mile radius has it...or else i would rather give them twice the money I would give Walmart, and go get it.

4 5 Reply

May 10, 2015 #982302

dmlaughlin is not your real name, so it is no better than using anonymous. Get over yourself.

2 7 Reply
Very Dissatisfied Customer

Dec 01, 2014 #909405 Brewton, Alabama, United States

I had the same problem today. I ordered a dvd online. The website said it was avaiable for pick up today at (local) Walmart. Went to pick it up later this evening and was told it was not there. My husband then found the item on the shelf, but was told it had to come from a different department and have our name tagged on it and the person who does that was gone for the day. He got home and within an hour we received an email from Walmart.com saying my order was cancelled and my money was refunded because the item was not in stock at (local) Walmart. WHAT?!?!? He was just there and saw the dvd's there on the shelf!!!!!

8 0 Reply

Dec 02, 2014 #909485 Orange, California, United States

If the DVD was there in the shop why did your "husband" not buy it from there. Why go online. I have a feeling that the "husband" is really you and that you were under 17 trying to get an adult movie.

0 41 Reply

Aug 14, 2014 #856618 Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States

Makes me mad just reading this lol. I ordered a game this morning online just because it was $20 cheaper, and I know they were fully stocked in the store doesn't make any sense why you can't just pick it up. I've so far been waiting 6 hours and haven't gotten a text or email. If I have to wait till tomorrow or whenever I'm gonna be pissed, what a waste of my day.

8 0 Reply

Dec 02, 2014 #909680

If all you have to do with your day is sit around and wait for a game you must have a pretty sad life. Im so sorry for you. Lol

1 39 Reply
Richly

May 01, 2014 #811069

I noticed the same scam. It went from available today before I clicked buy. After click it was now tomorrow since after six. Then a few minutes later after they had secured the fraudulent sale it was f u your order will. Be in in a week. I felt like I just took a proverbial rough cut 2x4 with no lube.....

4 1 Reply
nonone

Feb 24, 2014 #788322 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Someone doesn't know how to read the print they put on the site when you order. They say orders placed after 5 or 6PM will be available next day. Plus if the item is already at the store... Then get your lazy *** up and go to the store and get it if it's so important to you. Why make a site to store purchase if it's already at the store on a shelf? You have to go to the store and go to the site-to-store counter to pick it up anyway.
People are lazy these days.

10 30 Reply

21-40 of 74 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Walmart. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Walmart.
Filing a new complaint about
×