11.2K views

Walmart,

When you say pick up today for an online purchase, it should really be available to be picked up today!You tell me now that I have to wait tomorrow when the store is open 24 hours?!!

At least inform the customers before they make a purchase that 'pick up today' has exemptions!!!! I am very disappointed. This is not good business. Please update your online store or your customers will not be happy!

If the store I ask to get the item picked up is 24 hours then It is fair to assume that the item will be there when I can come and get it as soon as I want.

What is the limiting factor here?if the item is available on the shelf then why can i not use my order number to pick it up a few minutes after i purchase it online?

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

to Anonymous #1261265

"Walmart should begin with a letter."Don't all words begin with a letter?

Why don't you just stop by and shop for your own items instead of getting angry? If it is available for same day pick up, it means it's right there on the shelf. Get it your own lazy self!

to Anonymous #1070387

Unfortunately Walmart is known for having two different prices.Their online sales can often be significantly lower than that of what is being offered in your local store.

Some stores will price match online prices one day and that same store will swear it is against their policy the next day.

So the only way a consumer is to be sure 100% they will get it for the lower sale price is to order online for in store pickup.They boast that the item will be ready in as little as a few minuets but up to four hours if ordered before 6pm, after 6pm and it does state it may be the next day.

to Anonymous #1259793

1)Your an *** Who should stop trolling sites just to reply with such an idiotic reply, or are you the lazy, worthless, unappreciative, person working in the pick up area?...who just cant seem to understand people actually expect you to do YOUR job?

I mean really. ..how dare someone want to use a service offered...spend their money (they worked for) (allowing others a job ) and maybe get a little bit of relief from their already stressed day.. ..with simply ordering in adance and picking up on the way home ?

2)Many items are defiantly cheaper online (I bet this was intentional to help encourage the store pick up)or oh...wait ...

items at Walmart are often very close to being out of stock..(another area that needs serious attention but also proves good employees are hard to find)....and the normal trip for people is not simply walking across the street. ..or they are at work. ....using their break time to possibly complete errands in a more efficient way. ..allowing some freetime.

...for family. ..other appointments. . or What ever they choose...

3) if the goal was to offer poor customer service then the obvious choice would be to go to you for advice bUT however they chose to at least in theory offer something todays customer demands (or this is an attempt to salvage what Amazon is currently taking from them )...so in offering a product or service, they shold at least make an attempt to follow through with the...

4)I just needed to remind you. .a year later. ..that you are most defiantly. ...the biggest ***..ever....even still today!

So great job on that!

5)The main problem is the people working in this generation. .. Are ..too lazy... have a false thinking that they are entitled.

..to everything....no matter of they work hard...or sit back and complain. ...(maybe they believe they deserve more pay in order to do their job .... at least ...possibly...semi poorly if the company is lucky. But until that Happens they spend time complaining about the people who actually pay the money that allows them the ability to have employment in the first place ), aND flat out have a fit that work actually means one will HAVE to do something to get paid and stay employed, and the grown up world is not at all easy.

..and frankly doesn't care about feelings or the fact that people working "starter jobs" were never actually exposed to aNY true reality...that pay is earned through hard work and experience. ...

Obviously you are not the hard working individual. ...because fact is. ..if you were...in store pick up would be a life saving genius ideal...

(I mean really. ..it's like Amazons with their fast prime member shipping ..and at times. ...oddly super fast shipping...but now my local Walmart will also ...attempt to actually offer service the same day....if available. ...holy..blow my mind..and no prime required.) ..that you would totally understand just how disappointed and crushed we are to know the service COULD be successful but sadly we are forced to deal with .......

I am still trying to find the right words to describe the whole process. .? ...almost seems like they are all stoned out out reality. ...and everyone who show's up or calls is speaking an unknown language.

..seriously I had one employee repeat. .your here for pick up. ..three Times...Then tell's me to go "pick" the stuff myself because he didn't know if they did. ..

(yeah he never checked or asked either) and looked at me with a lost blank stare when I returned. .telling me I couldn't check out there. .umm okay because I already paid. ..but you need to give me a way to show the door people this!

...and by the way. ..tell me what to do about the items (yep as stated some are actually about gone)I couldnt find...whole ordeal...2 1/2 hours later. .after already placing order for in store items 7 hours prior, mind you.! .....he says hmm maybe they picked them.

..let me check.

...yep...yep yep...everything was already picked aND ready.This Entire time!

to Anonymous #1261501

Here we go again another kid on the site mistaking reading that the customer is wrong as trolling, and ASSuming that they work for the company.Do your parents know you are on here.

By your logic I could say the OP is making this all up to cause trouble because she got fired.But I don't jump to conclusions and ASSume.

Ordered a new cell phone at about 4pm.Told me it would be ready by 8:27 pm.

I call Wal-Mart at that time to see if it's ready and they tell me that my order hasn't even come through yet.Why not?????

Bedford, Pennsylvania, United States #1054761

Though the store is open 24hrs, the layaway/online pickup dept.is only opened until 9pm...(I just called to question them about the process BEFORE paying online and no one could even answer my questions because it was 9:25) After 9, apparently no one is qualified to handle that dept.

Seems your issue is the site. They should be clearer about pickup times. Maybe this has changed since your issue, but I noticed that when checking out, my cart stated my items would be available tomorrow.

However, before adding to my cart, both items said "today".

I am just going to take my chances and hope both items are on the shelves, rather than pay and not be able to pickup up right away.

Who are the people in this thread sucking walmart ***.I'm not lazy, this service sucks.

They out and out lied to me.So I repeat, this service sucks.

Because walmart.com is only one till 9. You didn't lose any money stop being salty because you didn't read all the print that it clearly says when you order it.

Walmart electronics employees are dumb, ignorant, and extremely lazy, period. God knows I'm right, but just to be fair, and for probability purposes I would assume that at most the 5% of those employees in the whole country, and I may be exaggerating, are the opposite of either of those adjectives I mentioned before.