Walmart pick up today is a lie

3857 of 5140 Walmart reviews

Walmart,

When you say pick up today for an online purchase, it should really be available to be picked up today!You tell me now that I have to wait tomorrow when the store is open 24 hours?!!

At least inform the customers before they make a purchase that 'pick up today' has exemptions!!!! I am very disappointed. This is not good business. Please update your online store or your customers will not be happy!

If the store I ask to get the item picked up is 24 hours then It is fair to assume that the item will be there when I can come and get it as soon as I want.

What is the limiting factor here?if the item is available on the shelf then why can i not use my order number to pick it up a few minutes after i purchase it online?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 73 Yes 73
3857 of 5140 Walmart reviews
Neverpayretail

May 27, 2014 #820676

Nonone your a dumba$$. Don't you see the obvious? It's a whole lot cheaper to buy offline. So Id rather be "lazy" than be a dumba$$ and pay full price. So you just keep getting your perked up self to a store and make the Walton family more wealthy.

21 4 Reply
JohnDoe

Oct 05, 2014 #880336

you're*

7 1 Reply

Dec 02, 2014 #909681

Why would you make a comment about them making the Walton family richer like they're dumb for doing that when you're shopping there too. Lmfao I think you should use more logic.

2 7 Reply

Jun 17, 2014 #828482

Because it's cheaper.

6 0 Reply

Jun 17, 2014 #828483

I think the reason is mommy or daddy was not there to read that part for the child who wrote this complaint. Mommy or daddy needed to read the exception for this little child because clearly they are illiterate.

2 18 Reply
PissedCust1

Jun 22, 2014 #830330

If you get your lazy *** up and go buy it at the store it's higher than the price online. That's why! Saved $100 on a swimming pool that way!

10 1 Reply
Thatguyee

Jun 30, 2014 #834037

The online pick up price is sometimes less than in store and Walmart will not match their own website in the store.

5 0 Reply
Very Dissatisfied Customer

Dec 01, 2014 #909431 Brewton, Alabama, United States

Because it is cheaper online!!!!! And they won't sell it to you in the store for the same price!!! If they can't fulfill their promise that you can "pickup as soon as today", they shouldn't offer it! My order said available for pick up after 3:50 TODAY. It was going on 7:00 pm when we went to pick it up!! Still wasn't available for pickup, even though the same item was sitting on the store shelf!

7 0 Reply
Walmart Associate

Feb 24, 2014 #788243

Items ordered after 6 pm will be available for pickup the next day.

1 4 Reply
Walmart Site to Store Associat

Feb 24, 2014 #788223

Even though the policy that Walmart does not price match their website, at the Walmart I work at, management has instructed us to match any price on our website as long as the item on the website is the EXACT same item that is in the store. Their reasoning for this is because they would rather make a smaller profit on said item than no profit at all, because when an item is reserved for a customer via Pick Up Today after they pay for it and they pick it up, the store only gets a credit for what they paid for it rather than making a profit on it, that, and it makes customers happy.

4 0 Reply
BummedOut7yrOld

Jul 16, 2013 #681314 Los Angeles, California, United States

I saw the game I wanted online for 38.03. Shipping said "pick up today". I did not order online but instead went to store to just buy it, duh. It was $49.95 for same game, in stock. Was told they could not honor online price of $38.03. Price difference of $11.92. That's huge. Ordered game online to ship to site for $38.03. Manager stated that website says prices vary in-store and this is why he can't honor online pricing. WTH?! It should be very specific about pricing, how much prices may vary, that online pricing is not honored in-store and what it means to pick up "today" because I agree, it's misleading in many ways.

2 0 Reply
u dumb

Jul 06, 2013 #675358 Burlington, Vermont, United States

if it is in stock then just go down and buy it, duh. Seems simple enough and would have saved you a lot of pointless aggravation. :p

0 16 Reply

Feb 16, 2015 #946556 Elmhurst, Illinois, United States

What the *** are you guys not *** understanding its is cheaper to buy it online and then still going to the store and picking it up the person that says get off your lazy *** is *** retarded and a dumba$$ I went to the store for a game it was $60.00 and the online price was $40.00 thats a savings of $20.00 so thats why I did a pickup from the store by the way I am 25 so if any of you want to say that I could not buy it is a dumba$$ too.

7 0 Reply
Janice

Aug 12, 2012 #527936

It's frequently faster to just go get it in store, since they never have anyone in their departments and I've waited thirty minutes before just to get someone to acknowledge me, and longer for someone who knew how to get the item out of the back to get it for me.

Further, if you think you are getting someone else to do your shopping, what do you think Walmart does? They use this program to sell all the stuff in torn / ripped boxes to people who have already paid for it without seeing it. Ordering Pu2D will get you the worst item possible for the money so that Walmart moves the 'good' items to people who actually spend time in the store and buy more.

I always end up with the 'dent' merchandise and have to waste more time doing an exchange in the service desk lines than anything since they won't just direct swap it.

2 0 Reply
Pick up Today Associate

Feb 24, 2014 #788227

At my store, we just pull the merchandise from the shelf, pulling a Pick Up Today order at my store is usually my job, and I try to choose the best conditioned item I can, and, the customer has the right to refuse the pickup and I can have a refund issued to their card or give them a cash refund right at the Site to Store counter, or, simply go over to the shelf and pull another one if they want to exchange the exact same item.

6 0 Reply
Pick Up Today Associate

Feb 24, 2014 #788235

Oh and on another note, if a box looks questionable to me, I usually open the box for the customer (with their permission) and have them inspect the contents before signing for it.

4 0 Reply
Blackdontcrack

May 29, 2012 #487837

Oh get over it honky! You owe the black person everything in the world for all you done to us!

0 20 Reply
educated person

Jan 23, 2013 #597489 Houston, Texas, United States

Shut Up. You were not even alive when slavery was being practiced. Stop insulting your ancestors you pampered ***. The world does not owe you or any black people ***. Get over yourself and stop wanting free handouts.

13 3 Reply
Jim

Jul 27, 2013 #688421 Charlotte, North Carolina, United States

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the base of racism in America. Racism is not perpetrated by the majority of the caucasion race, in fact it is quite the opposite. Words like Honky and Cracker are used more commonly in the vernacular and much more often than the feared "N" word that the media and society has labeled as racist and inappropriate.

The fact of the matter is this, Racism is a horrible horrible thing and should not be tolerated by any race nor should it be perpetuated by the same. Words have power and hold that power over us in our perceptions and how we deal with others in our daily lives.

I myself do not know any "slaves" or do I know of any that are alive today that may have felt the crack of the whip. If there is indeed a person who lived during slavery, I invite that person to come to me, I would love to speak with you at great length. As far as what we the white people have "done to you". I invite you to look in the mirror and ask yourself what have you done to better yourself and your situation. It is easy to blame another for your own miseries, Hitler blamed the jews , the Soviet union blamed capitalism, and the black race blames the whites. It is time for a Mea culpa in America, stand and own your faults, identify the failings and take appropriate and swift action to correct them. This is America, land of opportunity and a nation made of peoples that personify diversity and hard work. Remove the
... Show more

7 5 Reply

41-60 of 74 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.