12.5K views

Walmart,

When you say pick up today for an online purchase, it should really be available to be picked up today!You tell me now that I have to wait tomorrow when the store is open 24 hours?!!

At least inform the customers before they make a purchase that 'pick up today' has exemptions!!!! I am very disappointed. This is not good business. Please update your online store or your customers will not be happy!

If the store I ask to get the item picked up is 24 hours then It is fair to assume that the item will be there when I can come and get it as soon as I want.

What is the limiting factor here?if the item is available on the shelf then why can i not use my order number to pick it up a few minutes after i purchase it online?

Comments

Yeah, what the ***?I wanted a chair that the web site says is online available to pick up today.

I go to check out to get the item, or to assure that i recieve the item...and it says not until May 15th?

Can i please get a straight answer from anyone?Probably not.

pinksugarcookie

They did the same to me.Prepare for it to get worse.

They told me to wait up to 6 days, then told me no it would be there on the 26th.

They just want your money.Be prepared for disappointment.

The reason that it has exceptions is because someone has to actually go pick it off the shelf.It doesnt just magically appear at the desk you pick it up at.

If you want it as soon as you order it then just get off your lazy butt and go get it at the store.Not that difficult.

to Anonymous Lynchburg, Virginia, United States #941012

Sometime (a lot of the time actually) the same item is cheaper online with in-store pickup.It's not a lazy thing.

Online ordering is advertised as convenient and easy.

Most of the time it is not.Quit being a troll and add something useful or be quiet.

to Troll-killa #977830

However, Walmart price matches themselves with their online pricing. So it is a lazy thing.

dmlaughlin76
to Anonymous #982290

NO, IT'S NOT A LAZY THING, are you really this ***? So, then why, when i went to a Walmart just last week, and said the same thing you just wrote, the guy said, "Well, its an online only deal" that's what it's there for" - and i could not buy the item, because i did not "PURCHASE IT ONLINE" -

to Anonymous Knoxville, Tennessee, United States #1243212

wat a stewpteedoo

dmlaughlin76
to Anonymous #982293

Why are you "anonymous" you have hide behind that.It seems you're the only one sticking up for one of the worst companies in America.

EVERYONE-watch the documentary-Walmart; The High Cost of Low Pricing.

- Usually I would not even resort to this behavior and try to stay away as far as possible from Walmart, but in the instance, they have something for my nephew.No one else in a 50 mile radius has it...or else i would rather give them twice the money I would give Walmart, and go get it.

to dmlaughlin76 #982302

dmlaughlin is not your real name, so it is no better than using anonymous. Get over yourself.

Brewton, Alabama, United States #909405

I had the same problem today.I ordered a dvd online.

The website said it was avaiable for pick up today at (local) Walmart. Went to pick it up later this evening and was told it was not there. My husband then found the item on the shelf, but was told it had to come from a different department and have our name tagged on it and the person who does that was gone for the day. He got home and within an hour we received an email from Walmart.com saying my order was cancelled and my money was refunded because the item was not in stock at (local) Walmart.

WHAT?!?!?He was just there and saw the dvd's there on the shelf!!!!!