13.4K views

Walmart,

When you say pick up today for an online purchase, it should really be available to be picked up today! You tell me now that I have to wait tomorrow when the store is open 24 hours?!!

At least inform the customers before they make a purchase that 'pick up today' has exemptions!!!! I am very disappointed. This is not good business. Please update your online store or your customers will not be happy!

If the store I ask to get the item picked up is 24 hours then It is fair to assume that the item will be there when I can come and get it as soon as I want.

What is the limiting factor here? if the item is available on the shelf then why can i not use my order number to pick it up a few minutes after i purchase it online?

Comments

to u dumb Elmhurst, Illinois, United States #946556

What the *** are you guys not *** understanding its is cheaper to buy it online and then still going to the store and picking it up the person that says get off your lazy *** is *** retarded and a dumba$$ I went to the store for a game it was $60.00 and the online price was $40.00 thats a savings of $20.00 so thats why I did a pickup from the store by the way I am 25 so if any of you want to say that I could not buy it is a dumba$$ too.

It's frequently faster to just go get it in store, since they never have anyone in their departments and I've waited thirty minutes before just to get someone to acknowledge me, and longer for someone who knew how to get the item out of the back to get it for me.

Further, if you think you are getting someone else to do your shopping, what do you think Walmart does? They use this program to sell all the stuff in torn / ripped boxes to people who have already paid for it without seeing it. Ordering Pu2D will get you the worst item possible for the money so that Walmart moves the 'good' items to people who actually spend time in the store and buy more.

I always end up with the 'dent' merchandise and have to waste more time doing an exchange in the service desk lines than anything since they won't just direct swap it.

to Janice #788227

At my store, we just pull the merchandise from the shelf, pulling a Pick Up Today order at my store is usually my job, and I try to choose the best conditioned item I can, and, the customer has the right to refuse the pickup and I can have a refund issued to their card or give them a cash refund right at the Site to Store counter, or, simply go over to the shelf and pull another one if they want to exchange the exact same item.

to Pick up Today ***ociate #788235

Oh and on another note, if a box looks questionable to me, I usually open the box for the customer (with their permission) and have them inspect the contents before signing for it.

Oh get over it honky! You owe the black person everything in the world for all you done to us!

to Blackdontcrack Houston, Texas, United States #597489

Shut Up. You were not even alive when slavery was being practiced.

Stop insulting your ancestors you pampered ***.

The world does not owe you or any black people ***. Get over yourself and stop wanting free handouts.

to Blackdontcrack Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #688421

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the base of racism in America. Racism is not perpetrated by the majority of the caucasion race, in fact it is quite the opposite. Words like Honky and Cracker are used more commonly in the vernacular and much more often than the feared "N" word that the media and society has labeled as racist and inappropriate.

The fact of the matter is this, Racism is a horrible horrible thing and should not be tolerated by any race nor should it be perpetuated by the same. Words have power and hold that power over us in our perceptions and how we deal with others in our daily lives.

I myself do not know any "slaves" or do I know of any that are alive today that may have felt the crack of the whip. If there is indeed a person who lived during slavery, I invite that person to come to me, I would love to speak with you at great length. As far as what we the white people have "done to you". I invite you to look in the mirror and ask yourself what have you done to better yourself and your situation. It is easy to blame another for your own miseries, Hitler blamed the jews , the Soviet union blamed capitalism, and the black race blames the whites. It is time for a Mea culpa in America, stand and own your faults, identify the failings and take appropriate and swift action to correct them. This is America, land of opportunity and a nation made of peoples that personify diversity and hard work. Remove the beanfrom your own eye before taking the mote from your neighbors. Sincerely, One who knows

to Jim Paradise, California, United States #918816

I literally have never met a slave, yet I have seen (on the news) numerous "white" police officers murder innocent "black" citizens. RACISM.

to Blackdontcrack #828677

Ppl of today do not owe ppl

for what their ancestors done as they were not

alive then to stop them

so you need to get over this sense of self entitlement

and get a an education

If you do it through Bill Me Later you can't get it through the store you have to do it online... Mine just got delayed too!! :(

Le Sigh

The other issue with "pick up today"....... When an order is placed online for site-to-store, part of the order is magically morphed into "pick up today" if the items are available in the store, while the rest can be shipped in multiple packages with multiple delivery dates.

It sucks!

& to the some of the more narrow minded- shopping online for several things, checking out all the options/colors/prices, etc. is much easier than dragging little kids all over Walmart for hours.

That's why some of us do it... "Duh"

to Le Sigh Richmond, Virginia, United States #605179

I have used pick up today at Best Buy before - awesome for gift 'delivery'! The item is miraculously available for my recipient (family) to pick up at their convenience! sounds lame, my not 'sending it', but my family has responded with glee that they get a 'your package is ready' notice and have an opportunity to take advantage of the local store policies for defects/exchanges.

This time, my niece is bedridden with a serious injury: she has borrowed a friends tablet to keep busy. At 18, she needs some busy!! i owed her a birthday and Christmas gift, so decided to get her an ipad. I talked to her about it while I placed my order, to be sure of her color, etc. She is 2 hours from me or I would just give it myself - but wanted her to receive it ASAP, not wait for my next visit.

Long story, short - my transaction suspended and I knew to call my bank and lift the fraud alert on this purchase. I had timed out, so redid the purchase order. Then, with the bank on the line with me, it went through brilliantly and I received my email confirmation, which I forwarded to the family member who is doing the pick up (which Walmart allows, if the name is provided and they present the order number and ID).

So WHY oh WHY is Walmart delaying my order for 48 hours? This is absurd for them to imply a verification process!! I did the verifying with my bank. If this cannot be picked up by 10:00 am today, I will cancel my order and use the Best Buy 'Pick Up Today' service for out of town 'gift pick ups'. And, walmart will be off my list of retailer options for a LONG time!

to Le Sigh #788232

I work at a Walmart store and pulling Pick Up Today orders off the shelves is usually my job. There will be times when there are several random items that are in various locations throughout the store that I have to pull, and I don't mind doing it, often, the person is just pressed for time and would rather expedite buying the things they need by just paying online and going to the store and picking them up, and I have no problem doing it, after all, it is my job, I'm paid to do it.

IHateStupidCustomers

well at least you're mature about it unlike some of the other stubborn babies on this site. but mistakes happen and sometimes orders get delayed. I'd say just as long as the item wasn't destroyed then it shouldn't be a huge deal.

i wanted to try out their pick-up today service. Unfortunately I got an email saying my order was delayed and I was not able to pick up the item on the same day.

This was my complaint.

BOTTOM LINE: I am not going to use the pick up today service.

it does not make sense for me because I have the time to walk around the store. you guys are right I should just have gone to the store and bought it.

IHateStupidCustomers

maybe it was just a mistake..? was it really so important that you needed it that day?

to IHate***Customers #788240

I work as the Site to Store Associate, and if a customer makes an order after 6 pm, it usually won't be available for pickup until the next day and this is explained on our website. The reason being that the Photo/Site to Store counter closes at 9 pm and it usually takes 4 hours for us (the store) to even get notified about the order on our handheld systems.

If you're going into the store to pick up the item, why don't you just go into the store and buy it? Duh.

Yes that is the two likely reasons.the devil is in the fine print that PIck UpToday is not available 24/7 even in 24/7 stores.Most stores are also very to extremely short staffed anymore & it could be no associate was scheduled at that day or time or may have called off.Many stores cross train associates from various departments to ensure that doesn't happen but it still can occur.another possibility is that the on hands were off & the store actually didn't have the product or it was not correctly binned in the backroom&could not be located.it could then take up to 24 hours for the product to either come in via warehouse,from another store or for an ims associate or manager to have the time to go thru the bins & locate it.basically,it all comes down to a too few associates trying to do too many tasks with too few hours to spare& sadly,customer service suffers.

BigBruce,

I got it. pick-up today program is a separate entity from the store itself so I understand that they have different hours of operation. thanks for the update.