2.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Sunday October 14th I returned an item to the Metro Center Walmart in Phoenix Arizona received the store credit for $37.88. When I got home I decided to purchase to Google Play cards for my children went online picked the cards went through the process enter the store credit / gift card #.

Placed the order, received an email verifying order. Immediately following I received another email saying that my order has been cancelled and my card would be refunded. I made two attempts at completing this purchase. Went to the help center received a phone call explained the situation and was infuriated by the response.

I was told that I could not purchase gift cards with a gift card. Even though the store credit is supposed to be as good as cash and the only limitation I see should be that I spend it in Walmart. I am angry that Walmart gets to dictate how I spend my money. I don't see any customers dictating how Walmart spends the money but they received from their customers.

I'm a grown woman with some disabilities as well as hectic household that includes my grandchildren and child. I did lose the receipt. But it was obvious it has been purchased at Walmart. The Walmart received their item, and I receive a refund with limitations on how I can spend it.

I don't think any company should be allowed to dictate how anyone should spend their money. There was no limitations put on the money that they received

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Customer Care.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

I didn't like: I hate walmart.

Comments

Grown people are victims of gift card scams all the time. Walmart is correct.

Lost receipt? they shouldn't have given you any store credit.

This post is rather silly.

They said "no" and you're wrong. Move on

So you admit that you lost the receipt.....that's the end of the story. They shouldn't have given you a refund period.

The fact that you mention your disability tells me all I need to know. It had NOTHING to do with the actual complaint.

#1582012

Google play cards can’t be purchased with store credit, neither visa gift cards or MasterCard gift cards also. But, most restaurant gift cards and I believe Xbox one/PSN cards can be. This is due to recent events circling fraudulent activity and gift card scams unfortunately :/

to Anonn #1582018

Edit** you can’t purchase prepaid visa or MasterCard gift cards with store credit if that was unclear, sorry

They should just quit accepting returns without a receipt.