I bought an LG cell phone at Walmart and bought the protection plan that the store recommended. Dropped the phone and filed a claim.

The day I filed the claim, the asurian rep said I would get a ups mailing label emailed to me. Once the package is scanned by UPS, they are notified that the package is on its way and that I would get a Walmart gift card emailed to me. The package was scanned Monday morning by ups. On Wednesday I called asurian and the rep stated that I have to give it 72 hrs from the time ups scans the package, so give it another day.

Nothing. Called back and was told that this was 72 business hours - which is ridiculous. Hung up and called back to talk to another rep. Was then told they received the package on Tuesday and that I have to give it 72 hours from the time they receive the package.

Friday comes and goes. Still nothing. Called back this morning and was told by another rep that the package was received on Wednesday and then it has to be inspected to make sure it wasn't damaged during shipping, and then it takes 72 hrs. I'm very frustrated.

This is my fathers phone. He has lung cancer and has had a massive heart attack. I don't like him being without a phone! But no one there seems to care and tells me there is nothing they can do to speed this along.

I feel like I have been lied to over and over with each call. Very disappointing.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of misrepresented care plan. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of walmart protection plan. Walmart needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned walmart protection plan in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Walmart. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Target.

Comments