8961 Greenback Lane, Orangevale, CA 95662
2.0
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I bought a tv from Walmart about two years the protection plan I bought was good for four years. The tv started having issue and I called Walmart only to find out the plan that they sold me was through a third party (all state) and now two years later I can’t find my receipt and all my info that I had to enter for the protection plan mysteriously disappeared.

So now I’m stuck either fixing a broken tv or I have to buy a new one. Visio even sent out a letter stating that this tv has issues they know about but I can’t get anything fixed without a receipt.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Everyone knows when you buy electronics you go immediately online and register your purchase. Then you don't need the receipt anymore.

As a practical matter, you should have one place you put all your electronic/appliance receipts, manuals and warranties. Preferably in one of your kitchen cupboards or pantry or file draw in your desk.

No one can help you be organized and pay attention to important details in life. This is a discipline that pays for itself many times over in life.

h.kitchener

Sad to say, but not only did you make a mistake in not keeping a file with your receipt, operating manual, etc. for future use and need, but you also bought a Vizio---at least you didn't buy a HiSense or Element and got a couple of years use out of your telly.

This is how we learn. Now your know.

Best to buy a good, major brand telly and then save everything. Try again with a new set.

Why is it a scam? You have absolutely no proof you purchased the TV and warranty from them. It is YOUR responsibility to keep track of your receipts, not the stores.

@Anonymous

The fact that Walmart took all my info when I purchased the plan and they never mentioned that it was through a third party I consider this a scam. When I purchase an electronic device from Best Buy they take all my info and save it digitally (plus a paper receipt) and so if there is ever an issue Best Buy looks up my customer account that’s been in their system since 2006 and they make it right. The fact that Walmart “lost” my info makes this a scam