I received a notice in the mail that my Walmart credit card interest rate was going from 15.87 APR to 22.90 APR, that is over 6%!I do not have a problem with being late in paying or going over the credit limit.

So, I called the customer service number on my bill as it suggested in the notice and asked why.

I was told that it was across the board, that everyone was going to get this notice regardless of one's credit standing or account activity.The lady on the phone said I could cancel my account to avoid the higher interest and offered no alternative so I had to assume that Walmart was not interested in my business and I cancelled the card.

Review about: Walmart Credit Card.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

Hate Walmart

This may be backed by GE but I gaurantee you they wouldn't do it without the blessings of Walmart.

Same thing happened to me told me it was company wide and had two choice to cancel card or accept new rate. Canceled card and sent them an email and got this response. "Thank you for allowing me to assist you today. ******, thank you for contacting Walmart.com. The Wal-Mart Credit Card and Wal-Mart Discover are issued by GE Money Bank.

Since GE Money is the issuing Bank, Walmart.com does not retain your personal or credit information on file. We suggest that you contact GE Money Bank for further assistance.

You may visit www.walmart.com/credit and click on, "Access Your Account." From here you will be taken to GE Money's secure Web site where you can log-in to your account and choose to send a secure message by clicking, "Online Message Center." You can also call GE's Customer Service team at 1-877-294-7880 for account information, payment details, and credit line updates.

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter and I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Thank you for visiting Walmart.com. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and look forward to your next visit." GE said they had no control over raising the rates and refused to lower the rate back.