I'm tired of having my receipt checked by a greeter as I'm leaving the store. It's bad enough that the customer service sucks, but to check my receipt as I leave to make sure I'm not stealing after I spent my money at your store is just insulting.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of receipt checking. Walmart needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned receipt checking in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Walmart. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Target.

Comments

musicman88

Don't take it personally. The greeters have a protocol in which they must check receipts if there are items not in bags.

It doesn't mean they think you are a criminal.

I was stopped the other day by an employee who looked to be about 128. I was annoyed but no way was I going to disrespect this kindly, elderly woman.

She stopped me because I had a 36 pack of water that was "unbagged" (no sh*t lady).

I just smiled, let her peruse my receipt and went on my merry way. All in all, no biggie to me.

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #925134

The big deal is you get profiled. I loath Walmart and will only go on emergencies.

Yeah, I look like I hate it and all the people there.

But when I see forty people go before me and only I get asked for my *** receipt then it matters. Like I'm going to steal a ceramic heater under my jacket(which breaks that same night)

Really annoying.

to somegal Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada #925137

If they ask you what you have in your pocket, you simply state, it's my d*ck, wanna see it. But year they cannot legally ask you.

Orange, California, United States #925106

Unless you have nothing to hide just show the receipt you thief.

The majority of people who have a problem showing their receipts are usually trying to get out the door with something that hasn't been paid for, otherwise, what's the big freaking deal?

to Anonymous Topeka, Kansas, United States #925020

That's why they use the 80/20 rule. Theft don't like to come in physical contact with victim.

Also this the person that even 20% looks good to them. Those are the theft with mental issue. Because to them nothing to risky.

They are more likely bicameral mind and that's like you walking up a wild dog. "CRAZY"

to Anonymous Norristown, Pennsylvania, United States #1071342

Maybe 12 years later you will see the big deal, Maybe not good luck.

It's not you, try not to take it personally.

It's a formula called the '80/20 RULE' A rule of thumb that states that 80% of outcomes can be attributed to 20% of the causes for a given event.

In business, the 80-20 rule is used to help managers identify problems and determine which operating factors are most important and should receive the most attention based on an efficient use of resources. Resources should be allocated to addressing the input factors have the most effect on a company's final results. Which has been proven that people are less likely to steal if ALL customer receipts are being check. Because "A theft is not willing to gamble when their chance are 80/20 that they are going to get caught" risk is to high.

But if Walmart check ZERO customer receipts this is the '50/50 rule risk factor' risk factor is low. So they only have a 50/50 chance that they will get caught". So just remember lower the risk higher the price and higher the risk lower the price.

So, it help keeps Walmart prices low for their customers. So, it all for you to have lower prices.I hope this helps.

to Anonymous Saskatchewan, Canada #924866

You sound like a scripted employee molded to say this. Possibly a greeter.

As for the OP, you can refuse. Either nicely, by saying no thank you, or rudely by saying get the f**k out of my face, up to you but you are not required to show it to them.

to King Alex Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #924872

So, you like my writing on this one. You can thing what you want.

LOL... You are so off.

It's okay to be nice. Even if you can't stand it.