Evensville, Tennessee

As I pushed my cart to the entrance of the tobacco register I noticed the register was closed.I then entered the line next to that register assuming this cashier could process my transaction with the addition of a tobacco product.

This line was rather long and witin 2 minutes a manager asked me if I wished to purchase a tobacco product. I stated "yes mam." She then told me they could check me out down in the self checkout area at register 51. I asked the people in front of me if she was serious about there being a register 51. I then asked her if she did in fact say registe 51.

She said "yes". We all laughed and then I walked down to the self check out area and a cashier began to check me out. After she rang me up I asked her if I could get a tobacco product. She then told me that she could not ring up tobacco at this register and I would have to go back to the register I was previously at.

So, I paid for my groceries and then walked back to the line I was previously in and the line was backed into the store.

Needless to say I left.My question is why is the tobacco line closed and why would a manager tell me to go to a register that does not exist?

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of register checkout. Walmart needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned register checkout in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Walmart. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Target.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

Register 51 and/or 52 is the podium that stands in front of the self check registers. I really don't understand why this is funny...