2.5
Layout of Store

My wife and I are retired and on a fixed income so we have to be thrifty with our money, and we get so sick snd tired of buying things at walmart just to get home to find out that at check out the check out person left from 1 item to 5 or 6 item out of our bags but my receipt shows we paid for them. I cought one casher hideing a item behind her check out machine. We live too far away to go back for 1 or 2 items.

Comments

Naperville, Illinois, United States #994365

Guess what - EVERYONE is on a fixed income - nobody has limitless money.

You and your wife are poor.

I have had that happen too. When you buy an entire carriage of stuff, you can't check every single bag to every single item. I had a belt not make it into a bag and i didn't find out until I got home.

Never have this problem with regular grocery stores!

I'm sure she wasn't "hiding" your item. She probably didn't know it was yours and put it to the side to take to customer service.

Items get thrown up there on the nearby drink machines or sitting next to the next persons items and unless you keep all of your items together on the belt or counter, they have no way of knowing what is yours. Do you check your bags before you leave? Do you pull your own bags off the rack and load up your own cart? Or are you one of those people who think its the cashiers job to do all of that for you?

It is YOUR responsibility to check if you have all of your bags.

The cashier will spin it and ask if you got everything. If not, its your own fault.