I purchased a 60 inch Vizio TV from Walmart along with the insurance plan. During a storm the TV went out.

I contacted assurion and told them what happened and that I could not find my receipt as well. They told me that it was a one time Courtesy if you couldn't find your receipt and I could still file a claim. I gave them the info at which Walmart I purchased it at. A technician came out and tried to repair the TV but couldn't.

He told me I would receive a replacement or a refund. A week after he came I still had not heard from them. I called twice only to be told it was in the process of being handled. Finally on June 10th I received an email stating my refund was on the way.

Then on the 11, I get a new email stating more info is needed before I can get a refund. Info that i have no way of obtaining. So today I'm on the phone with them and everything that was previously told to me is being contradicted! It seems they just don't want to send a refund!

The thing is I would be satisfied with a replacement tv. However, they don't have one available so the next step is to give me a refund. I think this is ridiculous to have to keep going back and forth with assurion when they should just simply honor what they told me. Especially since they confirmed in an email that a refund was on the way.

What is the point of having insurance because in the end in only left with a TV that isn't working. A TV that I've had less than a year but purchased a three year service plan. I am now in the process of trying to report them to the appropriate people.

I've seen in another post that BBB helped a customer. Hopefully they will do the same for me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Replacement.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 12, 2015.

Comments