Kenosha, Wisconsin
1.1K views

I attempted to return a gift I received without a receipt, so I did as I have always done in the past and handed them my Driver License and with out missing a heart beat they handed me a receipt and said "You have a bounced check so we cannot accept this return.". Well I have not written a check since I was a teenager so I knew this was wrong.

So I contacted their 800 number which gave me nothing but a computer run around. I then looked the company up via the web and called the merchants number instead, boom live person instantly, proceeded with my information, and wow they have no record of me or any supposed bounced checks of mine in their system. Walmarts management said it must be a glitch, but their hands are tied and cannot help me. SO since I smelled Walmarts BS I proceeded to have a friend return the same gifts at a different location as well as no receipt, and wow same BS cannot proceed because the system has them flagged with a fake bounced check.

We experimented with different people at 2 locations with the same results.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Walmart Pros: Being treated respectable.

Walmart Cons: Accused.

• Alledged Bounced Check
  • Trs Recovery Services

Comments

I had the exact same issue. My boyfriend returned the item at the same Walmart same customer service rep right after she handed me the denial slip he had NO problem and got my refund. WTF

I am very sorry if you have had a poor experience with your transaction. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this further.

Would you mind giving me an update on your situation by giving us a call at 1-866-456-7755 at your earliest convenience? Please ask for David upon calling and leave the location of the two stores involved.

We'd like to make sure we resolve these concerns to your complete satisfaction. - David

No problem I will attempt to make contact on Monday

@n9pya

It's now Tuesday and you did not call!! You lied to us, now you will pay the price. No one screws with walmart.

@walmartcorp

Leave her be, she was passed out stoned and drunk on that day.

@n9pya

Don't worry we will be around to visit you.

@walmartcorp

Make sure you bring your Mafia thugs to settle this matter, and I have a complaint with you guys as well. I was shopping in your store and they were playing the song "Billie Jean" You know who sang that song, Michael Jackson who loves to molest young boys. Why would you encourage pedophellia in your stores by allowing his music to be played all over US?

@walmartcorp

I must say that this conversation is pretty amusing.

KevinRichards

First of all I seriously doubt you are over the age of five so don't give that BS about the drivers them accepting a return without a receipt without a drivers license, second stop that BS about you not writing a check since you were a teen because you are not a teen yet. Blame the gift giver for not giving a gift receipt.

U work for walmart?

@Anonymous

u post same line for attention?

@KevinRichards

We appreciate your enthusiasm for Walmart. We respectfully request that you refrain from derogatory remarks to our customer.

We at Walmart take these complaints seriously and strive to satisfy our customers. Walmart in no way endorses these opinions and are not associated with those who claim any affiliation to Walmart when pertaining to these responses.

@walmartcorp

I don't work there, I was once pissed off at your company when they accused me of shoplifting, but the point remains had this person had a gift receipt this problem would not have happened.

@KevinRichards

I can't believe you fell for that walmartcorp joke. You must be dumb as ***.

@walmartcorp

Then stop lying. I would rather take derogatory comments from other users than your "serious" comment.

What are you going to do to satisfy me? I am still upset. Do you know what I had to do. I had to return my birthday gift to my friend and tell her off for giving me a gift that I did not like.

I did not like the gift so I was forced to tell my friend that the gift she gave me was a *** thoughtless gift all thanks to your liars. If you are going to satisfy me than fine, but I was already forced to be rude to my friend and tell her I did not like the gift she gave me. I am not satisfied Joni. Now my friend is angry at me because I was rude to her and is returning the gift.

I told her just give me the receipt and I will use the money to buy something I want. However she told me just give the gift back and I will get nothing because I was rude to her. She still has the receipt and will be returning the gift. Thanks to your policy I had to hurt my friend's feelings and I have nothing for her for my birthday.

I was hoping she would give me the receipt so I can exchange it for something that I want but she is being a big *** about it. My friend gave me two different gifts and now I am sort of two gifts thanks to your "glitch" You lie you don't want to help me.

I am thorough with you, and now I require all my friends to buy gifts with a gift receipt. I told them that they are not to by gifts from your company or I will be returning them and getting the same item at Target if I like the gift and they will lose my friendship if they buy from walmart.

@n9pya

Welcome to America where most of us blame others for our attitude when we can simply change it ourselves. Take responsibility for your actions instead of blaming somebody else for them.

You can be upset, but that does not mean that you can't chose your words with other people. You're lucky to have friends that obviously care enough about you to get you a gift. Start imagining life without friends, sounds lonely doesn't it?

If you can think a little bit, you'd know that you didn't have to do that to your friend. There were other things that you could have done.

@n9pya

You want walmart to give you free stuff?

@n9pya

I didn't write the reply article posted above this response

@n9pya

I'm not sure that I believe you when you say that you did not write this.

@walmartcorp

You are no more From Walmart Corp. than any of the rest of the people replying to these posts.

Take your trolling elsewhere and grow up. I hope all of you aren't falling for this B.S., as for the op.

your story doesn't set right with me. Try telling the truth.