2.6
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I preordered a toy online. The website told me when the order would arrive by.

It gave no indication I wouldn't receive the item. The arrival day came and went, so I called customer service. They informed me the product was on backorder and my only option was to wait or cancel. He could not guarantee it would arrive by Christmas but said I would get my order eventually (meanwhile they had already charged me).

I was furious and stated so in the survey it asks you to fill out after a call. The next day my order was cancelled by Walmart. At the time I placed the order, the toy was available in store at competitors (had family that picked theirs up there), but I figured online was just easier. Now I don't have the toy and they are selling for 5 times original price by private sellers (even through Walmart).

Walmart screwed me over as well as other people I told could purchase theirs through Walmart.com. They should not allow you to place orders for items they don't have, unless they have an order of known amount coming and will be able to fill it.

The website stated it was a preorder NOT that the item was on backorder. I suggest purchasing items from a different store....after searching I did find that Walmart reserves the right and frequently cancels orders placed online for various reasons.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss order processing issue of a product or service. Walmart needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned a product or service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Walmart. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Target.

Comments