A product I wanted showed online that it was available for pick up at a local Walmart store. It was a little bit further than my usual store but I figured if I could get it that day I’d drive the extra distance so i went ahead and placed the order.

When I got there I was informed there must have been an error with the store inventory and it was back ordered. I was only mildly annoyed but found a similar item on their website that had free expedited shipping. It was a little bit more so I called the customer service # to see if I could get a promo code or maybe a 5 dollar discount for my troubles… this is when things took a turn for the worse. After explaining the situation and giving my order #, the customer service representative proceeded to look it up and instead REPLACE THE SAME ORDER!

I was baffled at this point and calmly tried to reiterate my wishes, and that reordering a back ordered product put me in the same situation and wasn’t going to do me any good. She then gave me a plethora of excused why Walmart couldn’t give a discount ranging from holiday prices to products not being guaranteed to be in stock (which if I wasn’t told it was available for pick-up/ waisted time and gas to go retrieve I would except as an excuse) but the simple fact is; it was an error on their part that resulted in a poor customer experience. Simply put, I am absolutely baffled they would not do ANYTHING for me, especially when I was willing to order something more expensive from them as an alternative!! I wasn’t asking for the moon and stars or even for them to match the original item price..

just something to appease the situation a little.

Pretty disappointing. I went to Home Depot instead

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Walmart. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Comments