1.3

Two weeks ago I visited the Vision Center at the Walmart on 99th Street in Omaha, NE. Store 1637 I purchased my glasses and chose a frame.

I have UV protection, a thin lens, anti reflective lens, scratch resistant coating and no line bifocals. Since I have been purchasing prescription glasses for almost 30 years I always get this bundle. Walmart called me when my glasses were ready for pickup. When I got my glasses there were numbers and circles engraved on my lens.

On the left lens, on the bottom left there is a circle and the number 20. On the bottom right of the left lens there is a circle and the number 67. On my right lens, middle left there are two circles and the letter N. On the right side there is a circle and the number 20.

I have never purchased glasses where my prescription was engraved on the lenses. I purchased prescription glasses from Walmart two years ago. There are two circles on my lenses but there are no numbers engraved on the actual lens. I went back to Walmart today to express my frustration that I paid for my glasses but did not expect to receive them in this condition.

The clerk told me they always come like this. I showed her my previous glasses and she made a mark on the lens to show me where the numbers and circles were. There were two circles and one number. I then showed her the amount that was engraved on my new glasses.

I also explained that even though the circles and numbers are on my previous glasses it was not as prominent. And, if it was as prominent I would have noticed it when I picked them up, as I had with these. The clerk was rude and unprofessional. I was told if I don't like it I can get my money back and go someplace else.

I asked the clerk in the vision center if they could either process them correctly or give me half my money back. I was told to go someplace else. I paid $468 for a pair of glasses. I have paid as much as $1200 for a pair of glasses so I have to invest in my vision.

I have purchased previous prescription glasses from a number of locations--Lenscrafters, Stanton and private locations. I have NEVER received my glasses in this condition. I did not pay to have numbers and circles engraved on the actual lenses. I obviously like the work Walmart does otherwise I would not come back.

I have been purchasing progressives lenses for years and have never had an experience like this. I would like either to have my glasses redone or I want half my money back.

I have contacted Walmart, both the direct location and the corporate office, a number of times. I have not received a reply nor a compromise regarding this issue

Review about: Eyeglasses.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Customer service, Selection, Fact that they engraved your prescription on the lenses.

Comments