Audubon, New Jersey

I purchased an Intex Saltwater System in July 2012 with a 3 year Replacement Warranty. The unit's center electrode completely burned out and cracked the housing causing a constant leak and Low Salt Error.

I contacted Asurion (Walmart's Warranty Provider) to file the claim. After jumping through several hoops which involved mailing the entire unit back to them, I finally got an eGift Card. The only problem is the price of the unit in store is now $199, and they only gave me credit for $139 + tax. I visited my local Audubon, NJ Walmart to attempt to resolve the price discrepancy.

The assistant manager Stella was uncaring, and stated she did not have the authority to make the adjustment. She also said Walmart cares more about maintaining low prices than providing customer service. I even pointed out to her that if you peel the sticker from her shelf stock it shows the $139 price I paid.

Walmart could do the right thing here, but like Stella they just don't care. I'm out the cost of the warranty, and the $64.20 price difference that I had to put on my credit card.

Comments