13.7K views
Resolved

Update by user Jan 18, 2016

This is the second time I went to print my Savings and the *** thing will not print:-( I have tried on several computers with the same results......all it prints is the header but not the actual coupon with bar code.......I end up having to copy and put into paint or a word document. I guess this is just another way to dissuade people from using the program........if you cant print you cant use your savings. AND yes I have brought this to their attention....over a month ago and still no reply:-(

Update by user Jan 29, 2015

Just wondering - Has anyone ever saved any money from this "Savings Catcher Program" on anything other than food items? Having bought a ton of other stuff (CDs, light bulbs, dog food, paint, pillows, car cleaners, soap, etc, etc) at Walmart.....I'm not even sure this program is set up to do price matches for hardware stores, pet stores, and other mass merchants......that do produce sales flyers on a weekly basis. Be interested to know.

Update by user Nov 07, 2014

Has anyone else noticed that the "Walmart Savings Catcher" web page is slowly morphing into their daily email Ad page; kind of makes you wonder what their motivation was all along for this supposed savings program......

Update by user Oct 18, 2014

Since 17 August to 15 October - my receipts entered into the savings catcher program have totaled: $2,005.47 - Savings caught by this program: $12.56. If you do the math....that is less than 1% (.0062628).

I will let the number speak to the validity of Walmart's Savings Catcher program. I used to be a coupon person, but lost interest due to dropping the Sunday paper......but think that is the better way to go......this supposed comparison program is a scam; and in reading some of the posters comments.....there is flaws in the software as well as a few questionable tactics of product name changing that walmart is doing.

Original review posted by user Aug 26, 2014

Ever played the Walmart Savings Catcher Game.....try it...you will be amazed and amused all at the same time.....you file your receipt on line by TCN.....get a message that they are diligently comparing all merchandise purchased to all competitors (it will take a couple of days) and then (predictably) you get a convenient reply at the end of the time period stating that that no competitor has lower prices........what a freaking joke. Walmart never ceases to amaze me with their scams. BTW - I have purposely bought merchandise that was advertised at a lower price by a competitor in town......just to check the validity of this program.......as I said...its a scam.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: end your phoney program....its a scam.

Comments

this makes 2 weeks in a row Kroger has had the milk for 1.49 and the savings catcher is not giving me the difference, why?

To my knowledge Wal-Mart only compares prices to certain stores and only food items are compared.And then only the food items that are name brand.I've seen ppl complaining that they bought yarn dog food etc.from places like hobby lobby and tractor supply that was cheaper but Wal-Mart didn't credit them. Know the conditions before you threaten to sue over $.29.I've had no problems with the validation of receipts or using the funds. Could be an operator error.

#1461981

I put the TCR into the computer on the strip, did it exactly right- guess what? Walmart thinks I'm not valid!

I can't even prove I'm a robot! Its been since the 7th! Guess They lost a customer- but if they don't want me! Anyway, if someone could teach this dumb dumb how to read and right in a straight order!

They're right!

I am not a valid person! Thanks for pointing this out!

Still waiting for Walmart to display if I have money coming or not. Scanned receipt on 03/11/18, it is now 03/21/18 and NOTHING. Real disappointed in this so call Savings Catcher.

to C walz #1451312

Same with me. I have receipts dated from March 7,10, and 13 and it says Receipt received, but nothing more.

I tried to contact them but I kept getting the run-around and they barely spoke English. And what's weird it that the more recent receipts I scanned, I got the results back in a day.

to K T #1451313

Sorry for any errors in my message; I am typing this on a phone.

I have over $100 in rewards from this "program " I've called Walmart to ask how I can redeem them they didn't know I ask employees at the store they don't know it's just a bunch of crap that they want you to think they're doing you a solid when they're just doing you

Bought 2 bags of Fritos at $2.98 at Walmart. HyVee had them on sale for $1.88; Dollar General for $2.50.Which price do you think Savings Catcher matched?

Yep, the $2.50 price.

Five emails to them - EVERY SINGLE ONE IGNORED! Walmart, why do you supposedly accept email messages but ignore them?

Savings catcher does not save me money. I actually lose by not using coupons.

Havee spent well over $1000 ty o only get maybe 5dollars back. I dont believe it truly the is prices.

to Andrew 7 #1438960

The 2nd part of your message makes no sense. Speak clearly!

I agree 100%. I have actually seen exact product/size of items i purchased be a lower price at the same time at a local competitor but Wal Marts savings catcher app did not price match it.

This has happened on lots if items i have purchased. The savings catcher app is really to benefit Wal Mart because they use it to track & ID shoppers for their loss prevention.

They don't give 2 sticks if the customer saves money. And id like to meet 1 person who actually won their gify card giveaway by entering their receipt.

to Ricky11 #1441933

It only gives u money back if the EXACT same item was cheaper in a SALE AD.KEYWORD: Sale Ad

rainbaby64

I told cashier I didn't want items they weren't price matching anymore. Cashier told me about savings catcher and assured me it matched prices and gave credit (savings) later.

I bought the items, waited the 48 hours while they diligently compared prices. Surprise, no savings. I'm holding the other ad in my hand and should have saved $6+ on 3 items. What a scam.

Walmart doesn't make enough money already? Time to boycott-support local retailers while we still can

to rainbaby64 #1383608

I have gotten quite a bit back. I have also gotten that their prices won.

MY god...the whining little snowflakes in this thread are amazing! "Waaaahhh!

I didn't get anything back! SCAM!

Money! Why did you raise me t be a worthless little {{Redacted}}!

to lakawak #1447315

We don't all think the WWE is a real sport and that Donald Trump is a great president

I also lost about $20 few days ago. Does anyone know the site or email to have this fixed.

to Brandi #1410789

I just talked with Live Assistance Live Chat & the rep advised my to either call 1-866-224-1663 Mon-Sun from 7am - 9pm CST or forward an email to SavCatch@walmart.com

b ig scam

#1371961

I don't have a bar code scanner so I enter the numbers. I get so mad when it tells me it is invalid and it is not, have complained and no one knows anything.

Also got thee twelve packs of Pepsi at 468 a 12 pack. Planning on the Schnucks price of three for12.00. Came back no lower prices.

Never again. Im done!