11.9K views
Resolved

Update by user Jan 18, 2016

This is the second time I went to print my Savings and the *** thing will not print:-( I have tried on several computers with the same results......all it prints is the header but not the actual coupon with bar code.......I end up having to copy and put into paint or a word document. I guess this is just another way to dissuade people from using the program........if you cant print you cant use your savings. AND yes I have brought this to their attention....over a month ago and still no reply:-(

Update by user Jan 29, 2015

Just wondering - Has anyone ever saved any money from this "Savings Catcher Program" on anything other than food items? Having bought a ton of other stuff (CDs, light bulbs, dog food, paint, pillows, car cleaners, soap, etc, etc) at Walmart.....I'm not even sure this program is set up to do price matches for hardware stores, pet stores, and other mass merchants......that do produce sales flyers on a weekly basis. Be interested to know.

Update by user Nov 07, 2014

Has anyone else noticed that the "Walmart Savings Catcher" web page is slowly morphing into their daily email Ad page; kind of makes you wonder what their motivation was all along for this supposed savings program......

Update by user Oct 18, 2014

Since 17 August to 15 October - my receipts entered into the savings catcher program have totaled: $2,005.47 - Savings caught by this program: $12.56.If you do the math....that is less than 1% (.0062628).

I will let the number speak to the validity of Walmart's Savings Catcher program.I used to be a coupon person, but lost interest due to dropping the Sunday paper......but think that is the better way to go......this supposed comparison program is a scam; and in reading some of the posters comments.....there is flaws in the software as well as a few questionable tactics of product name changing that walmart is doing.

Original review posted by user Aug 26, 2014

Ever played the Walmart Savings Catcher Game.....try it...you will be amazed and amused all at the same time.....you file your receipt on line by TCN.....get a message that they are diligently comparing all merchandise purchased to all competitors (it will take a couple of days) and then (predictably) you get a convenient reply at the end of the time period stating that that no competitor has lower prices........what a freaking joke. Walmart never ceases to amaze me with their scams. BTW - I have purposely bought merchandise that was advertised at a lower price by a competitor in town......just to check the validity of this program.......as I said...its a scam.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: end your phoney program....its a scam.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

I agree 100%.I have actually seen exact product/size of items i purchased be a lower price at the same time at a local competitor but Wal Marts savings catcher app did not price match it.

This has happened on lots if items i have purchased. The savings catcher app is really to benefit Wal Mart because they use it to track & ID shoppers for their loss prevention.

They don't give 2 sticks if the customer saves money.And id like to meet 1 person who actually won their gify card giveaway by entering their receipt.

rainbaby64

I told cashier I didn't want items they weren't price matching anymore.Cashier told me about savings catcher and assured me it matched prices and gave credit (savings) later.

I bought the items, waited the 48 hours while they diligently compared prices. Surprise, no savings. I'm holding the other ad in my hand and should have saved $6+ on 3 items. What a scam.

Walmart doesn't make enough money already?Time to boycott-support local retailers while we still can

to rainbaby64 #1383608

I have gotten quite a bit back. I have also gotten that their prices won.

MY god...the whining little snowflakes in this thread are amazing!"Waaaahhh!

I didn't get anything back! SCAM!

Money!Why did you raise me t be a worthless little {{Redacted}}!

I also lost about $20 few days ago. Does anyone know the site or email to have this fixed.

b ig scam

#1371961

I don't have a bar code scanner so I enter the numbers.I get so mad when it tells me it is invalid and it is not, have complained and no one knows anything.

Also got thee twelve packs of Pepsi at 468 a 12 pack. Planning on the Schnucks price of three for12.00. Came back no lower prices.

Never again.Im done!

to Judy Christensen #1383981

Savings catcher works by finding that individual item cheaper elsewhere.It will also match BOGO deals.

However, it does not match deals where you are required to buy more than one item to receive the sale price.(It lists this under the savings catcher FAQ at the bottom - "Deals that require a case purchase to receive a special price (example: Campbell's soup for $0.50 each when you buy a case of 24 for $12.00)")

I've had good success with savings catcher, ie one receipt for $16 I got $4.03 back. I also just redeemed $18 from savings catcher

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #1344003

It says that I have redeemed over 46.00 in savings catcher receipts. I have never been able to redeem any, customer service at the store said that I had to go through the website, and the website only says message failure. There should be a class action suit.