11.5K views
Resolved

Update by user Jan 18, 2016

This is the second time I went to print my Savings and the *** thing will not print:-( I have tried on several computers with the same results......all it prints is the header but not the actual coupon with bar code.......I end up having to copy and put into paint or a word document. I guess this is just another way to dissuade people from using the program........if you cant print you cant use your savings. AND yes I have brought this to their attention....over a month ago and still no reply:-(

Update by user Jan 29, 2015

Just wondering - Has anyone ever saved any money from this "Savings Catcher Program" on anything other than food items? Having bought a ton of other stuff (CDs, light bulbs, dog food, paint, pillows, car cleaners, soap, etc, etc) at Walmart.....I'm not even sure this program is set up to do price matches for hardware stores, pet stores, and other mass merchants......that do produce sales flyers on a weekly basis. Be interested to know.

Update by user Nov 07, 2014

Has anyone else noticed that the "Walmart Savings Catcher" web page is slowly morphing into their daily email Ad page; kind of makes you wonder what their motivation was all along for this supposed savings program......

Update by user Oct 18, 2014

Since 17 August to 15 October - my receipts entered into the savings catcher program have totaled: $2,005.47 - Savings caught by this program: $12.56.If you do the math....that is less than 1% (.0062628).

I will let the number speak to the validity of Walmart's Savings Catcher program.I used to be a coupon person, but lost interest due to dropping the Sunday paper......but think that is the better way to go......this supposed comparison program is a scam; and in reading some of the posters comments.....there is flaws in the software as well as a few questionable tactics of product name changing that walmart is doing.

Original review posted by user Aug 26, 2014

Ever played the Walmart Savings Catcher Game.....try it...you will be amazed and amused all at the same time.....you file your receipt on line by TCN.....get a message that they are diligently comparing all merchandise purchased to all competitors (it will take a couple of days) and then (predictably) you get a convenient reply at the end of the time period stating that that no competitor has lower prices........what a freaking joke. Walmart never ceases to amaze me with their scams. BTW - I have purposely bought merchandise that was advertised at a lower price by a competitor in town......just to check the validity of this program.......as I said...its a scam.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: end your phoney program....its a scam.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

Elliston, Virginia, United States #1193596

Yes , it is a scam , waste of time .

Wow.I'm sorry you had that experience.

Glad my experience has been good though.I've gotten $52.22 back over the last 5 months and I've been slacking on entering the receipts.

I saved up about $12 on my savings catcher.I order something online which allowed me to use my 'saved money'.

Went to pick up the items and they wouldn't allow me to take them home stating I wasn't on the account I ordered from. Strange, given that it was my account and my credit card that paid for the remainder. They ultimately refused to give me the items I had already purchased even after I showed them the payment on my statement.

I demanded a refund.

The lady obliged. 3 days later I had the credit card portion refunded. What about the $12 from my "Savings Catcher". Nope.

Called the company. They said I never paid with the "Savings Catcher" and that I used an ONLINE COUPON!

I politely told the lady that her and Walmart can go **** themselves. I'm done.

That was 9 months ago.Refused to shop at any Walmart after that and it is amazing how much stress has left my life when I go shopping elsewhere now.

to Anonymous #1383988

It is site to store policy that all customers must present a valid form of identification, in addition to the email they received stating their order was ready to pick up. If the name on the order does not match your ID, they will not allow you to pick it up.

I have saved a few dollars BUT have you ever read the stores they are checking??Mine said 13 stores...

HALF WERE DOLLAR STORES Wtf...not the grocery store I am now going to again weekly they acutally have all sales from stores in the area at there store and it states on there signs "comp ad match"OH and you can use any stores coupons there not just theres.

LadyScot

Dude.The e-receipt comes up as a pop up.

Make sure you do NOT have a pop up blocker enabled.

Geeze.How hard is this?

to LadyScot #1108205

Where would we all be with out your brillant mind and sage advice lady skirt.....thanks a million.....geeze

LadyScot
to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #1253154

You are welcome.

to LadyScot Cardington, Ohio, United States #1268845

My Wal Mart accepts receipts but the redeem button disappeared so I can't get my savings. I'm turning my account over to the state's Attorney General. It is a scam.

to Anonymous #1382338

Hopefully you got the reply from your state's attorney general which would have been to mock you incessantly and tell you how badly your parents failed in raising you. But you already knew this.