5.5K views

I have been entering my receipts from Walmart on Savings Catcher App, now the app has been hacked and some lowlife has redeemed all of the rewards dollars that I have been saving! They took $102.73.

I called customer service and was told that they will escalate it to someone higher up. Called back today, told again that they will escalate it. Walmart Savings Catcher App is not secure! I need this refunded ASAP.

I have worked very hard to save these rewards. The tech on the phone told me how to access the e-gift card history.

The information on the history shows where they added the funds and then used them at Walmart.com on the same day, 8/15/17 Walmart app is not secure, thieves are accessing your other accounts through the Walmart App. And remove all Credit and Debit card info from your Walmart app and Walmart.com account.

Review about: Walmart Savings Catcher Rewards Program.

Comments

Same thing happened to me. My balance of $75.60 was stolen on July 9.

I called up the savings catcher department yesterday and the lady said it would be escalated to another department and try to get my money back. I guess I will never get it back based on the comments. This is so wrong.

It took me 4 years to save that money. I deleted all my credit card information as well.

#1520925

I received an email on July 16 saying my account info has been updated, which I never requested be changed. I called walmart immediately to investigate why I recieved that email and that I never requested my info be changed.

They verified all of my credentials and I went one and changed my info.

Meanwhile, whomever hacked my savings catcher card, used my balance at store 2239 in San Antonio, TX. I live in Kansas!

#1520783

Had to replace a debit card twice in one week. Only common thing is I entered it into Walmart pay for ease of payment at checkout.Someone attempted to use the card multiple times with paypal. Luckily my bank caught this both times.

#1519296

Exact same thing happened to me on the same day. Good luck getting Walmart help.

Have called twice was told they would refer a problem to a supervisor and that I would get an email verifying that we spoke.

Neither of those things happened. I think savings catcher is just a big scam!

This is crazy! Same happened to me. Called Savings Catcher number and they said it’d take 30 days to resolve.

to Kristi #1511399

Where did you find the number?

OMG they did the same to me and no one will help me!!!

My savings catcher was hacked today and the person bought a Sony Playstation gift card. They put an address, Im wondering if it will be investigated higher.

In the middle of the night on June 9, 2018 I received an email from Walmart saying "We have updated your account with your requested changes." By the time I woke up and changed my password, my $90.12 from Savings Catcher was gone, used at Walmart store in CT (I live in WI). I went to Walmart.com and sent a message and they sent me to their online chat.

The chat rep said to email savcatch@walmart.com and/or call (866) 224-1663 which is apparently the "Savings Catcher department." I did that about an hour ago (June 14, 2018). Pending response...

Hi guys. To everyone here that had issues with stolen Savings Catcher rewards: online accounts are being hacked.

Hackers are using disposable emails addresses (yopmail or similar) to change the accounts email and then requesting customer service agents to resend egift cards to those emails. After that, they visit the stores and spend all the money.Customer service is not responsible for this, the issue was reported to management and still no response.Be aware, change passwords, change emails.

Keep checking your accounts often.Walmart will not take responsability for this. Based on their Gift Card Policies (you can find it online) - "you're responsible of keeping your account safe".Hope this helps.

to WMassociate58 #1509178

Thank you very much for letting us know! I appreciate it.

Someone stole mine, too! $25.19 and no help from Walmart.

After I complained to them, my account was deleted. I have pictures from before, but I doubt anyone will help me.

Someone did the same thing to me only $643 worth of E-gift cards and that was two weeks ago 1500 miles away from me and nobody from Walmart helps out! I even filed a police report.

Someone used mine also in Ohio and I’m in Virginia just today June 11

Same thing happened to me June 8. I'm pissed.

to Anonymous #1498101

I called mine was used in lake park, Florida . The service rep walked me through it to check it.

I had to go online to look , wasn’t available in the app. I lost $50.

to Deborah from Alabama #1513610

Someone just hacked mine and it was used in Lake Park, Florida!

The same exact thing just happened to me $57 was taken from my account on June 1 I am super pissed

Same thing happened to me 3 days ago. I had $54 in my account and now it's gone.

I live in IL.

It was stolen by someone is Washington. Walmart says they'll refund the money, but so far, I haven't gotten anything.

Same issue here. They used my reward cash in a totally different state and different date altogether Anybody else get ripped off from a store in Oklahoma? Store #0472You can see info in your Reward Card History.Nice security Wally!