3.5K views

I have been entering my receipts from Walmart on Savings Catcher App, now the app has been hacked and some lowlife has redeemed all of the rewards dollars that I have been saving!They took $102.73.

I called customer service and was told that they will escalate it to someone higher up. Called back today, told again that they will escalate it. Walmart Savings Catcher App is not secure! I need this refunded ASAP.

I have worked very hard to save these rewards. The tech on the phone told me how to access the e-gift card history.

The information on the history shows where they added the funds and then used them at Walmart.com on the same day, 8/15/17 Walmart app is not secure, thieves are accessing your other accounts through the Walmart App.And remove all Credit and Debit card info from your Walmart app and Walmart.com account.

Review about: Walmart Savings Catcher Rewards Program.

Comments

Just got off phone with customer service.My savings catcher was used in Texas and I live in NJ.

I changed my password.I will await their response.

Happened to me twice.The first time they hacked me was about 2 years ago.

Never resolved and a total loss. Just happened to me again. My savings catcher rewards was used online. Simple.

They be were the order was shipped and I will know who the Thief is.

Customer service said they are behind investigating and could take up to thirty days.Same story I was told 2 years ago I don't expect to get any resolve.

Happened to me today.A phone card was purchased in New York (I'm in Ohio).

The difference was then charged to my CC on file. It was a charge of under $3, but....ugh. I froze my card and then requested a new one. My savings account had roughly $36 in it.

Which took quite awhile to get to that amount.

Sigh.I was able to change my login info, but who knows if that will help at this point.

Great, I am trying to log into my account and says my email isnt on file.I cant even change password or nothing.

I goole the issue and find all these complaints.Should have known this rewards thing would be hacking target, thanks for keeping your crap secure walmart..

My account was hacked also and i called walmart.com customer service and they could not help me.the problem was the hacker changed my Email.

They gave me the phone number to savings catcher customer service and I luckily knew when i entered my last receipt and code on it. I had to verify my name and address and where i shopped the most.

After i was verified they changed my email back and I got logged in and had to change my password immediately.I was lucky that my savings catcher rewards were still there.

The same happened to me today, April 15, 2018.After an hour on the phone with Walmart, they advised me they had "no idea" what was going on and said they escalated it to the fraud department.

Thieves stole 103.00 from my savings catcher, changed my log in and password so I couldn't stop them.

Walmart has major security issues now, fortunately I only had savings catcher- some people have credit card and debit cards attached to their Walmart account, hate to see what is being stolen from them.I anticipate having to pursue the BBB and Stare Attorney General office to get my money back...

This just happened to me too! I’m so angry I could spit fire!!

My walmart reward dollars also disappeared within the last couple of days. This is the second time this has happened to me. Walmart should have tighter security than this.

My entire walmart account just disappeared...i had over $80 saved

Just found out today mine were hacked as well.I generally check my account every day.

Whoever did it changed my email to Gmail and added a digit. Luckily, the item purchased hadn't been sent and they refunded the money (or at least that's what I've been told). Hopefully I'll be able to get into my account again.

On the up side...pretty sure all saved cards were expired so all they had access to was my rewards $.

Just happened to my Walmart App, it has taken my almost four years to obtain $85.53 and some piece of *** used it in Hammond, Indiana.

to Guido Gorilla #1454814

Me too!Hammond Indiana and I am in Auburn, Nebraska!

The piece of garbage bought two nasty sandwiches and $170 in cigarettes on March 4th. So far, WalMart has not been any help.

The human pile of crap hacked my Savings Catcher rewards and paid using Walmart Pay egift card.Why are authorities not doing something about this?!

This EXACT thing happened to me. I filed a case with Walmart.com before Christmas and never heard a word from them :(

Girt

I have been attempting to redeem my rewards for several months but unable.Kept getting an error message to call them.

So I tried that which after being on hold, I hung up. Attempted again to redeem, same error message. Called which the customer rep told me that the program was being fixed and try later that day. I waited a few days, same results.

Now I go to the program and it is showing ZERO dollars which should be $39.24. What happened!?! Not hacked or used by anyone.

Just gone.Anyone else having the same issue?

Back in June my account was hacked for $106.00, which I spent hours trying to get back to no Advil....it happened again today for $135!Someone in Delaware is getting a butt load of crest whiting stripes on me.

I'm so frustrated that I actually called the local cops.Now I have a fraud case open and an address to track the order too...you won't get my money a 3rd time *** bag!!

It's not the app that's hacked. It's your email.

How exactly did you "work hard" to save them?

to Anonymous #1468657

You’re really picking on semantics? Work hard or not that was her money. Your lack of empathy is astounding

#1402046

ATTWNTION!!!!!!!******$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ SO FOUR DAYS AGO MY ACCOUNT SHOWED THAT MY REAWARDS WERE GONE.

I DID AN E-CARD AND PUT MY NEW 14.55 ON IT AND WHEN I JUST USED IT AT WAL MART ALL OF MY REWARDS WERE ON THE CARD!! I THOUGHT MY REWARDS WERE GONE.

EVERYONE TRY THIS MAYBE THEY HAVE PUT THE REWARDS IN A “BANK” BECAUSE OF END IF YEAR.I WAS SO EXCITD THAT I GOT MY MONEY CONSIDERING IVE BEEN SO UPSET OVER MY 89$.

I have had the exact same problem. Was assured it would not be compromised again so keep using it. They’ve continued to steal my money!!!