13.1K views

I have been entering my receipts from Walmart on Savings Catcher App, now the app has been hacked and some lowlife has redeemed all of the rewards dollars that I have been saving! They took $102.73.

I called customer service and was told that they will escalate it to someone higher up. Called back today, told again that they will escalate it. Walmart Savings Catcher App is not secure! I need this refunded ASAP.

I have worked very hard to save these rewards. The tech on the phone told me how to access the e-gift card history.

The information on the history shows where they added the funds and then used them at Walmart.com on the same day, 8/15/17 Walmart app is not secure, thieves are accessing your other accounts through the Walmart App. And remove all Credit and Debit card info from your Walmart app and Walmart.com account.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Savings Catcher Rewards Program.

Comments

I had the same thing happen on Nov. 6.

I had put the money on a gift card to spend it and the next day someone in West Palm Beach, FL spent my money! I called Walmart Savings Catcher and they said someone would investigate and my money would be refunded. I haven't heard a word from Walmart. I think Walmart employees are selling the gift card numbers as soon as they are issued.

I removed my credit card info. and I haven't used the app since!

My savi gs catcher was hacked also, I'm so damn pissed and it says there are purchases in 3 different cities I have not been at!

Had 76. Taken from Walmart pay .. Don't use it !!!

#1620748

Mine was hacked on 12/25 - 12/26. They changed my e-mail first.

I called Walmart immediately and was told not to worry.

I changed my e-mail back and changed my password, They spent $197 from my account on 12/26/18 at a Walmart store in Washington State. Now Walmart tells me my gift cards weren't registered to the e-mail I have on file!

Me too $71.54 take by some *** in Kissimmee fl

I was taken for $250+ of Savings Catcher money. I too had my email address changed and then the money was spent in Temple, PA.

Walmart has since refunded the money to a new gift card, but I can't even use it as there is an issue with the Walmart Pay App.

Every time I scan the QR code at the PIN pad, I get a message that says the card has been declined and I can't use the Pay App for security reasons....funny, the *** in PA didn't have that problem! So looks like I got my money back, but is just gonna sit there until the next attack when it's stolen again.....Thanks Wal-Mart!

to MDW #1620749

Buy some gift cards with it. Have them mailed to you, but don't put them in your Walmart account!

Same, went to buy something with my savings, no money there! It’s happened twice to me.

Someone hacked my account about a year ago, reported it. Walmart won’t do anything.

I to was hacked. No answer on how to get my money.

Same story here! Someone stole $167 last night within hours of me changing my Walmart.

Com password. I've been hacked 3 separate times in two weeks. I keep calling customer service and they keep saying they are investigating. I've tried to use my money multiple times at the self pay register and keep getting a message saying "card declined".

I kept telling WM about this and no one can help. So frustrated!

Got me for my gift card entered into the app for 353. Said theres nothing they can do. I guess a BBB complaint is warranted.

It just happened to me as well, avut I have no idea who to get in touch with, or how to get in touch with them! $80.00 gone!

Same thing happened to me on 10/18/18. Walmart said they would refund and have not yet done so. Will not use Savings Catcher going forward.

This happened to me Oct 27 shortly after I was forced to use the app. I was perfectly happy getting my ecards via email.

Now I’ve lost $83. I call once a week. I will continue to call them over the matter once a week. I will not give up!

This is awful. I can’t believe they forced us to use the app and this many people got their money taken!

I got ripped off too and it had something to do with the Savings Catcher update on my phone. The money was there yesterday when they updated my savings catcher app on my phone, then gone today.

They only stung me for about $20 but emptied out every red cent in there.

Pottstown, PA Walmart is where they took my money. From what I was told they changed my email address somehow and ripped me off that way.

Same. Mine was stolen Sept 26.

I caught the online order and cancelled it but have been given the run around over and over and over about getting my balance refunded. I have heard "ok, I pushed it through to the next level. You should see the refunded gift card in 5 business days" many times. I don't actually believe it will ever come.

But I refuse to use walmart pay for savings catcher, so I'm done with that.

My name, address, email and username was changed. Very pissed

Thanks for sharing. My savings catcher was used on November 9, 2018.

A similar amount was deducted at a Walmart in Prairieville, LA. It looks like they purchased gift cards during the transaction.

Just called Walmart myself after getting a message this morning and just trying to get into the account after work. Had a $100 gift card in there and they took almost all of it.

It would appear it was a WalMart grocery order because my "nearest" WalMart is Oregon. I'm in Pittsburgh. I don't see any regular walmart.com orders, so I have to figure that's it. Based on what I'm seeing below, I guess I'm not getting my gift card back.

If the damn system would have given me an actual code I could easily redeem on vudu.com I wouldn't have had the gift card in there. But because I'm connected to walmart wallet, all I can do is attach the gift card to my walmart account, but I can't use it on vudu. My password wasn't very complex, but still, getting groceries apparently delivered to Oregon when your previous .com orders have gone to PA isn't a red flag? At least I had previously deleted my credit cards off there.

The scammer changed my account password to @iname.com instead of my regular one. It really shouldn't be that easy to do that.

Well I have just joined the unfortunate group of hacked savings catcher people. $98.00 gone like that.

I had been saving for Christmas. Looks like some skumbag thieves will have a nice Christmas on me.

Called Walmart USELESS!!!! I’m done with the savings catcher.

to Karen #1593643

Agreed 100% Customer service seems to be waiting out those who were wronged until they give up. Or they're trying to keep this major *** of their website quiet.