1.6K views
1.8
Ease of Use

Ever since Walmart came out with the savings catcher I have used the service. The first couple of times I used it I checked the prices myself to make sure that they were giving me the correct amount on all the items.

You see Walmart states that you can buy all your products there, then you download your receipt, and it will go out and check prices with all the other local stores such as Target, Meijer, Jewel and so forth and if their price wasn't the lowest they will give you the difference on a gift card. At first this worked just fine and I was very happy with it because every couple of weeks I would get anywhere between $2 and $6 and I let it accumulate and then I would put it on a gift card. I had my first real large receipt about a year or so ago and I'm going to say it was about a $300 receipt and I got excited entering it as I thought that I would get at least $10 back on this one, well to my surprise I never got anything and of course I went to enter it again but it was too late because it only lets you enter it for 7 days. I honestly thought I might have entered it wrong even though I triple checked it but either way it was not that big of a deal and I continue to use this app.

Well then about a month or two later the same thing happened I had a very large receipt about $300 and I know I was very careful and train each and every receipt because I did not want to lose out on this great app. Well what do you know the same thing happened I didn't get a penny and then it happened again well on the third time I was smart enough to take a picture of what I entered and I kept the receipt and would you know I could not find one single place where I could contact Savings Catcher. I even called Walmart directly and they could not give me the phone number I was told to go online because I must be mistaken that it wasn't there. Well since then it's happened two more times to a point where I know up front that they're not going to give me a penny because the receipt is too high, in fact my last receipt that I entered when I checked the prices I should have gotten at least $25 back.

I do have a phone number now and I'm going to call them, the sad thing is though probably offered me a $10 gift card which I will accept but from now on I've taken my business elsewhere simply because I don't like dishonesty. So don't even bother with it it's a waste of time and they're just decide must about everything if you spend over $200. Just another dishonest Big Box store. I'm going to put that I want to be contacted by them but I won't hold my breath.

I did however get the savings catcher phone number when I had another issue with them not accepting a $10 gift card for an online order.

It's too bad because I spent at least $5,000 a year there. I guess it's peanuts to them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Savings Catcher Mobile Application.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Making this change was a bad deal for customers but hey what Corp America is about the customer anymore lol its about their pockets that matter. Not everyone wants to pull their phone out to pay and now you're making ppl pay with card just to get the deals? I'll just go to the store with the deal then

bring back the old savings catcher app some people don't have cell phones or we can't get service in your stores or want to take or receipts him in our house and scan on a computer what is wrong with you why did you do this! I will not be using Walmart as I normally do you guys or a joke!

Hate the new Savings Catcher thinking about deleting my app and not even shopping walmart.com. I'm that upset of not being able to use the Savings Catcher And I am not putting all that personal information into my phone.

The new savings catcher does not work, I wrote to Walmart three times ,and all they do is sent me a form letter telling how great the new system is. No on ever read my letter, I have money in my savings catcher account and I have tried to use it from my phone ,but it will not work, if Walmart is doing away with saving catcher just say so

Saveing catcher is a scam don't shop at Walmart. Better off at ShopRite.

to Etom #1592899

I agree with you I'm made as *** about it!!

I absolutely HATE this new system. What was wrong with the way things were done?

This is just another attempt by Wal-mart to screw over it's customers. I was extremely happy with my savings. It came in handy if I needed to pick up a couple of things on my way home from work. Not everyone has a smart phone and this knocks a lot of people off this program.

"More convienent" My *** I've read the previous reviews and I have yet to find a positive comment on this. If you are trying to offer your customers savings then it needs to be offered to everyone across the board! I spend A LOT of money in wal-mart and the "Wal-markets" as my grandkids call them and I'm seriously considering taking my business elsewhere.

Wal-mart is just getting too big for it's britches! A Pissed off customer!

to Lorette Sievers #1593171

I agree they could care less about customers, especially senior citizens who don't have smart phones and depend on Savings Catcher to make ends meet. I'm shopping at Publix from now on.

So for those of us who DO NOT USE their phone to shop and continue to use my bank card, the savings catcher is BULLSHIT!!!!!! Walmart is making you use your phone to shop and redeem any savings you have through their app, which is *** I don't use my phone to pay for anything because it isn't safe!!!!!! I will be deleting the Walmart app and will be spending my hard earned money where I can spend it how I please and ship the WAY I WANT!!!!!

to Jae #1593197

I have nearly $100 in my SC account I can't get to now because I don't own a mobile phone. I called to try to get it on a gift card I could use to buy groceries but they won't do that.

So, I guess I've just lost it. Looking forward to shopping at new stores!

Same thing is happening to me. I spent $504.

I Did NOT get one penny back.

I’m deleting it and just going elsewhere. Walmart has always been corrupt anyway.

I don't know what happened to my money that was in my saving catcher. It just disappeared.

Anyone know how I can get it back. Thanking You in advance.

to Anne #1579600

Call 1-800-walmart.

to Anne #1589628

Check to see if they put it on an egiftcard.... They're making everyone use their phone now to redeem and purchase if you want to continue using the savings catcher

Yup... Walmart just made it more difficult to use Savings Catcher.

As of October 29th, 2018... you will no longer be able to use your computer to input your receipt. After that... you MUST use a smart phone.

So if you don't have one... you're SOL. They are just trying to make it MORE difficult for customers to save ANY money. I think it's time to start shopping for my groceries at other supermarkets.

Seems like Aldi's has some VERY good prices and even the local Publix is not too bad. I'm just tired of a multi-million dollar company who wants to keep PENNIES OUT of our pockets.

Worst service ever. They have 77.84 of my money in the savings catcher.

They said that level 2 has two contact me in 3-5 days. That was over 6 weeks ago.

Still the same anwser 3-5 days. Wth Wal-Mart give me my money from your program.

to Anonymous #1579602

The system crashed. They're backed up and trying to get to everything but it is taking extra time.

Same here , we spend around $250 + every week and from May until the first week of August we got money back . Then for the past 3 weeks we have not received as much as one cent back ! Thinking about shopping elsewhere

Savings catcher is a joke. You have to have a smart phone to redeem your rewards.

I called to redeem my rewards and the person told me to get the app on my smart phone. I told him, I did not have a smart phone. He told me I could not redeem them unless I had a smart phone and added the app on it. Do not bother with the savings catcher, it's a scam.

Take your business to other stores. There is not that much difference in the savings.

cathy.zinga
to Leo Falkowski #1558960

Leo, I used to do savings catcher on my laptop. So as far as whoever told you you needed a smartphone I don't agree with them.