I saw that Walmart.com was selling XBox Live 12-month subscription cards for $39.99, which is a very good price. I ordered one, and about a week later received an email that the order was cancelled because the item was damaged in transit. Of course they gave me a full refund, and I was free to go back to their website and order another one, but the price was now $60.

I have two problems with this: (1) The item was a card with a redeemable code printed on it. The claim that it was unusably damaged through the mail is very dubious. (2) Even if this did happen, Walmart should have plenty of subscription cards on hand to be able to provide me with a replacement, without my having to pay more.

As a result of this, I am no longer buying through any Walmart venue. I am not one of those people who says that but doesn't follow through. I actually mean it.

Review about: Walmart Subscription.

Comments

wth?really?

The person who commented from Canada, who is using the same username as the original poster, is obviously screwing with you. The complaint is well written so I'm pretty sure that person is able to do basic math.

Unless I missed something in one of the replies made to this comment? If you make TWO payments of $39.99 each that's a TOTAL of $79.98.

That's TWO cents shy of $80.00.

You're going to tell me that's LESS than making ONE payment of $60.00? Where did you learn your math skills?

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #436555

The scam part is originally I only had to pay less by making two payments of $39.99 and now I have to pay more by making a payment of $60 one time. They think the average customer is bad at math. Well paying two payments of $39.99 is less than paying one time of $60.

They refunded your money. What was the scam part again????? Oh, it doesn't exist.