2.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I recently went to Walmart and while shopping my daughter said she had a belly ache. She is currently taking antibiotic and does have some breathing issues.

I told her I had to get one more item and we will leave. While checking out she said she was going to the bathroom with my husband. I continued cashing out and headed to the bathroom to check on her. She came out of the stall and was very pale and green in color.

I walked her to a bench while my husband went to get some plastic bags and a shopping cart to put her in. I clearly knew she was going to vomit or her oxygen level decreased. While exiting the store a Walmart greeter approached me and asked for my receipt. I explained my daughter is very ill and I need to exit the store immediately.

He began yelling telling me it was store policy to check receipts. I continued walking toward the door and he continued yelling. I explained that you have to check everyone's receipt if this is your policy. I said if you feel I stole something then call the police.

Meanwhile other customers before me and after me were not harassed. I called Cooperate offices and they said it was a new policy at every Walmart to check receipts. I said that is a lie I shop at other Walmart's and this is not true. A "manager " called me back and hung up on me and someone from a different department thought it was funny.

I was very embarrassed and humiliated and my daughter had to go through extra stress while she was very ill.

Shame on them!!! That is discriminating if you are not checking everyone!!

Review about: Walmart Security Guard.

Preferred solution: Compensated for pain and suffering for my family.

I didn't like: Whole visit.

Comments

Sadly this incident made me so angry, and right when we left the parking lot my daughter threw up. It was all over her clothing rather than in the bag.

Since I was still angry at the security for discrimination I slapped her across the face for throwing up over her clothing. This other woman started yelling at me and told me I was abusing my child. She said she was getting my license plate number and calling the police on me.

The police showed up with a caseworker today and they gave me a warning that if an incident like this happened again I could have my daughter sent to a foster home. They are forcing me to take parenting classes and even though it is Walmart's fault that I hit my daughter they are blaming me.