1.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

WALMART SERVICE CENTER REVIEW. My wife took her RAV4 to have a simple oil change done at the service center at Walmart.

We provided our own Toyota Filter and bought oil there and after the oil change the next day she drives all the way out to Jordan Lake for the day and after arriving she sees a large pool of oil. She then drives back to Clayton where I meet her at Walmart. Assuming the service tech forgot to put the o-ring in when he replaced the oil filter the manager agreed to provide us with an oil change and gave my wife $50, a $25 Walmart gift card & a free oil change for the inconvenience of having to drive back to Walmart and oh yea possibly almost destroying her engine. They perform the oil change again and the car is still leaking oil and we realize that the damage was worse than expected.

So now I have to rush to the Toyota dealership and find out what the damage is. The service tech at Walmart had either dropped or overtightened the filter cap causing a crack so when pressure was applied as oil was running through the filter it would leak. It took about two days to make the repairs and get the car back from Toyota. During this time my wife could not work driving for LYFT as that's what she does to help bring in some extra cash.

After talking to the Service Center Manager I explained my wife is out two days of work and he explained I would have to work with the claims agent for Walmart and that he will submit the report and claims would contact me. Well 5 days later I finally get a call and the claim agent says that they will pay the $260+ for the repair that I had to pay out of pocket for. I explained to him that my wife drives for LYFT and couldn't work that Thursday or Friday and now we are out a lot more money than $260+. He states that they do not negotiate claims for lost wages and that I would only be reimbursed for the repair cost and now my only option is to take Walmart to small claims court just to recoup the wages my wife would have made those days.

It's a shame a billion dollar corporation treats their customers like this and refuses to do the right thing. I will say the only bright spot in all of it though was the service manager at Walmart was very helpful and nice. I'm just disappointed that Walmart would not do the right thing.

I would not recommend the Walmart in Clayton or any Walmart service center as they refuse to reimburse for any lost wages regardless of the situation so if you use your vehicle for work stay away from there service centers. Hopefully this review is helpful and no one else has to go through an experience like this.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Oil Change.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments