Walmart sold me a used external hard drive as new (full price) and it contained ***

2739 of 4959 Walmart reviews

I bought an external Toshiba 3TB hard drive at Walmart.It was packaged as new, with the cable, power supply, etc.

When I plugged it into my computer, I noticed that it already had 67.7GB of information on it. When I looked at the directory structure, there was already some information on it, an automatic backup, labeled "Marty-PC." I explored into that directory, and found a LOT of personal information, including divorce filings, childrens' school information, a lot of personal pictures, and several *** VIDEOS. I called Walmart and talked to Customer Service. They said it was weird for this to happen, and they transferred me to Electronics.

The guy there said he had no explanation for it, but said that I could just reformat the hard drive for my own use, since it was mine and didn't belong to "Marty" anymore.He totally missed the point!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Used External Hard Drive
Review category
Gadgets and Accessories
review #481859

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Walmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 6 Yes 6 4 No 4
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
2739 of 4959 Walmart reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 08 #1223987 Rapid City, South Dakota, United States

I bought a straight talk phone at Walmart and when I activated it, the sim card wouldn't register because it was expired. I just got it and didn't even get a chance to use it. The lady at the 800 number said take it back, exchange it, then call them bk to get a sim card mailed to me. In the meantime I'm not using the phone or the minutes I just added so I'm going to be shorted on the time I paid for also. Returning it tomorrow & hoping to have a working phone by afternoon.

Mike_mn

Feb 10 #1109940 Ham Lake, Minnesota, United States

Why does this keep popping up to the top? This "Marty-PC." hard drive has been making the circles around the internet. Scam.
It was obviously a returned unit sold as new.
I do not purchase ANY electronic that has it's seal broken, or the package even has a hint that it has been opened.

0 1 Reply

Jan 27 #1101455

Lier

1 0 Reply

Nov 03, 2015 #1057659

This is a rehashed message. A troll complaint.
I have seen the SAME complaint about Marty's hard drive for other companies. Who is this Marty, and, how does he get around so much! lol.
I suspect this is to establish a precedent that the person is an innocent victim of an unfortunate circumstance. A nice dodge. It may have worked... once!
Why? To dodge an accusation of having inappropriate or illegal material on the hard drive. Did the wifey find naughty things?
This post should be removed, and I have reported it as spam.

Sep 03, 2015 #1029316

So go to walmart & trade it in for model of the same type, if it bothers you that much.

kooljay

Dec 02, 2014 #909958 Ellicott City, Maryland, United States

I bought an internet router from walmart while my satellite/internet bundle installer waited at my house to install it since I am completely technologically illiterate. After paying full price for the "new" router the installer discovered it was in fact "used" and had a locked personal code encrypted in it which could not be overridden without the password. WALMART refused to accept a return on it because they said I had already opened the package and installed it.
Bottom line: WALMART SUCKS & do not buy anything electronic from them

KevinRichards

Oct 24, 2014 #890109

If this story is true you should be thanking them for the entertainment that was on the hard drive rather than complaining to them. Don't go around pretending you did not enjoy the P O R N.

6 4 Reply
First Born Triplet

Sep 10, 2014 #868072

Pictures to prove that you had p0rn on your computer or it never happened.

15 3 Reply
KevinRichards

Oct 28, 2014 #891617

Why are you asking everyone this. With your lack of education(not being able to spell simple words like u) we all know that you are five years old. That and the fact you ASSume that anyone that replies telling the idiots on this site they are wrong that that they work cor the company shows you are five. Triplet is like 12 or 13 and does not work for the company. However at 12 or 13 and triplet being a retard and having better grammar than you shows just how you lack intelligence.

2 2 Reply
Heather

Aug 31, 2014 #863712 Missouri, United States

Walmart sold me a bag of coffee that was not sealed. I exchanged it for a new bag of the same coffee and realized that it was only sold as "whole bean". The coffee I returned was ground and Walmart has no bean grinder... Scary part is that I didn't realize the bag I bought said whole bean and considered just keeping it....
Food is not to be re-sold; clearly they do not care or maybe just have really *** people working there?

3 2 Reply

Oct 24, 2014 #890114

Funny making fun of someone's intelligence when you use three periods instead of one to end a sentence. Four year old kids know better. Not only that you bought a bag that was not sealed, and don't realize that sometimes people open bags, besides are you not too young to be drinking coffee anyway?

1 6 Reply
Mike_mn

Apr 27, 2014 #809613

I'd do more than just returning or reformatting. Contact Marty, and see if he's interesting in a lawsuit against WM!

3 4 Reply
yeah right

Oct 24, 2014 #890112

Marty won't be interested trust me, sounds like to me like he had child ***, he won't risk going to jail to file a law suit. From what I understand his wife most likely left him because of this sick interest of his.

4 1 Reply
guestghost

Apr 07, 2014 #802944

Some people lie and say they havent used things that they return. Walmart puts it back if it looks new. They couldnt possibly CHECK each one to see if it has been used before putting it back. If you found it had been used, simply exchange it for a different one. seriously.

3 2 Reply

Apr 07, 2014 #802767

I guess "marty" had to get some money to pay child support and returned his HARD DRIVE (he wont be needing it anymore). this is a walmart fail. you are entitled to a new HARD DRIVE contact corporate for your money back!

6 0 Reply

Apr 07, 2014 #802717

So why do you need to post pictures to prove your point. Has it ever occurred to you that there could be children viewing your post? Or that would require thinking which you obviously don't know how to do.

0 7 Reply

1-20 of 22 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Walmart. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Walmart.
Filing a new complaint about
×