Walmart sold me a used external hard drive as new (full price) and it contained ***
I bought an external Toshiba 3TB hard drive at Walmart.It was packaged as new, with the cable, power supply, etc.
When I plugged it into my computer, I noticed that it already had 67.7GB of information on it. When I looked at the directory structure, there was already some information on it, an automatic backup, labeled "Marty-PC." I explored into that directory, and found a LOT of personal information, including divorce filings, childrens' school information, a lot of personal pictures, and several *** VIDEOS. I called Walmart and talked to Customer Service. They said it was weird for this to happen, and they transferred me to Electronics.
The guy there said he had no explanation for it, but said that I could just reformat the hard drive for my own use, since it was mine and didn't belong to "Marty" anymore.He totally missed the point!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Used External Hard Drive
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "First I paid for the prepaid card that Walmart offers by green dot. When I had a card stolen the balance that was on the card before the police report..."
- "Laptop advertised in paper ad and on Internet from Walmart for $549. Found out can only order on line. Click on ad and took me to Walmart's site..."
- "Today I purchased a ring at the Walmart in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. It had a sale sticker on it for $98. After taking the tag off at home, I lifted the..."
- "Just over a year later the keypad went bad. Paid 85 dollars for the lock. Called company for replacement and they do not have replacement parts!!! Buy a..."
- "I opened a box of Nemo Mac n Cheese to cook for my son and when I dumped the noodles on boiling water bug parts were in it! ..."
- "After waiting over 5 mins with nobody saying anything and nobody in your store we asked a guy if we could order he walked away, we then knocked on glass..."
- "The reason for this message today is that I ordered my food through the drive thru jack in the box on sepulveda and border. We finished the small ice coffee..."
- "Ordered 16 pink rosebuds for niece's 16th birthday. What arrived was 8 pink and 8 white fully bloomed out roses. They requested pictures which I sent them 3..."
- "Time after time. I go in to eat at the restaurant. A nice sit down meal, relax and enjoy dinner. 4x in 6 weeks I get a dinner before I..."