Walmart Sold Me An XBox 1 With A Used XBox 360 Inside The Box

So I was at Walmart on Sunday morning and purchased the XBox One bundle package with Call of Duty. When I got home and opened the box, which was still sealed, there was no game, half of a power cord, no headset, and instead of an XBox One, there was a very old 360 console.

I immediately returned to Walmart to get my refund, and not only did they deny my refund, they also refused to allow me to speak to upper management. I even called corporate and was told that the store manager would contact me, however, I have yet to hear from him.

I also called XBox Customer Support; they were a little more supportive. I had the serial number flagged as stolen, but Walmart says since I can't prove that I didn't swap it out myself, then it's not their responsibility. I understand that there are various ways this could have happened, however, Walmart failed at so many points to prevent this that it's ridiculous. I WILL NEVER TRUST THEM WITH ANY PURCHASE AGAIN.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 14 Yes 14 1 No 1
Had the same issue 11 Yes 11
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 14, 2015 #994931 Mountain View, California

I purchased a very nice little Remington shotgun from Walmart when they'd decided not to carry firearms any longer. I had placed the gun in lay-a-way and went to get it out. I took a look to make sure everything was copacetic and I noticed there was mud on the buttplate.
I pulled my receipt and compared the serial numbers. This was not the gun I purchased. Of course this was the only one left.

1 0 Reply

Feb 11, 2015 #944077 Milwaukee, Wisconsin

This is why you should have bought it from microsoft direct...

1 4 Reply

Jan 29, 2015 #938511 Ocala, Florida

I would report them to some united states federal agency i think maybe consumer affairs would do well with this one :) ............

0 3 Reply

Jan 29, 2015 #938308 Pompano Beach, Florida

Walmart only hires blacks and welfare people

9 22 Reply
n ur face

Feb 11, 2015 #944298

That is the most discriminating BS I have ever heard. Which catagory do you fit in, Black or welfare? Considering you were fired from one.

6 5 Reply

Feb 23 #1116654

That is the stupidest thing I heard in a,while. Some areas have more black people so that there are more employees that are black. Some areas are white, Hispanic etc. U are one ignorant person. Hope u do not have children to teach this attitude to.

0 2 Reply

Dec 04, 2014 #910827 La Crosse, Kansas

Actually I think walmart the Chinese outlet is correct. They have no idea what you did, so your out of luck Charlie :(
On another note I am glad you got burned, because you bought it at Walmart. You just put another American worker out of a job.
And lastly I don't believe you when you say you will never shop there again, you will. You will go there time and time and time again, because of there cheap chit.

5 16 Reply

Dec 02, 2014 #909573 West Roxbury, Massachusetts

this is why I tell EVERYONE no matter where you buy it from Best Buy, WalMart. open it THERE in the store so you're on camera. once you pay for it that is. and if someone questions you , tell them you're insuring it's what you paid for due to instances like this happening. depending on how well it was repacked there's times where you can't tell it's been repacked. even with those hologram foil tape that breaks apart after they're unsealed they can be easily replaced by someone with patience.
so i'd keep on Wal-Mart since MS can flag that serial as stolen if/when someone tries to use it. hopefully it works out for you but you've now learned a valuable lesson.

11 0 Reply

Dec 31, 2014 #923725 Mannford, Oklahoma

I know that this was made on December 2nd but I do agree. Plus if anyone accuses you of stealing, just show your receipt. Many times I have seen someone, even an employee open a box just to make sure of things. That's not stealing. I've seen an employee look up a receipt on the computer plenty of times. Those times were always the same guy. It's a possibility that it was stolen before he bought it. I don't know.

5 0 Reply

Nov 27, 2014 #906897

It's why I open all game consoles or anything that is likely to be theft returned right there before I walk out of the store. I've had the same *** thing happen to me.

3 1 Reply

Nov 24, 2014 #905720 California, United States

thanks for sharing this
dau tu kinh doanh nho |
phan biet giay nike |
men gan |

1 4 Reply

Nov 19, 2014 #903004 Spokane, Washington

What happened was someone bought new console and returned it with their old one, and keeping the new one. This has been happening for so long at least since ps1 ps2 probably longer.

8 0 Reply
master debater

Nov 19, 2014 #902956 Jacksonville, Florida

you just got punked son. somebody bougth that xbox , then returned it after placing their old 1 in there. Walmart just threw it back on shelf and you bought it. some kid somewhere is laughing his butt off. you just got schooled. you shuld go to the hardware dept. and get a bottle of wood glue. go to the electronics dept and squirt some into all the computer drives and connection points , and any other electronics in the open. Teach them a lesson. fluck wmart.

9 11 Reply

Sep 11, 2015 #1032451

And would certainly satisfy the police when they review the footage and see all the ones you hit and slap you with coming up with all the money to replace there damaged merch losses:) if loss prevention doesnt catch you first:)

2 1 Reply

Nov 19, 2014 #902674 Orange, California

How do we know you did not swap it yourself and are posting this because you failed to scam them? Just saying.

4 4 Reply

Nov 19, 2014 #902752 Jacksonville, Florida

I've already had XBox flag the original as stolen, contacted the police and my bank, which will be conducting their own investigation. It would be a terrible idea for me to bring that much attention to myself if I stole it. Had I not been upfront with them to begin with, I probably could have gotten my money back. Regardless, Walmart refuses to cooperate; I still haven't been able to get in contact with the store manager. Here are a few links I found to support my claim:

4 0 Reply

Nov 20, 2014 #903408

People have done this before and yes, they filed police reports, called corporate etc.., only to make the scam seem more legit. After all it is a big ticket item. Without proof that you didn't switch it yourself, not much can be done about it.

2 4 Reply

Sep 04, 2015 #1029746

I agree with Kevin on this.

0 0 Reply

Nov 18, 2014 #902556 Gig Harbor, Washington

Open big ticket items before paying to make sure there is no fraud taking place. Wal-Mart will allow you to do this in front of an associate.

4 1 Reply

1-20 of 21 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.