2.9K views
Featured Not resolved
2.4
Layout of Store

So I was at Walmart on Sunday morning and purchased the XBox One bundle package with Call of Duty. When I got home and opened the box, which was still sealed, there was no game, half of a power cord, no headset, and instead of an XBox One, there was a very old 360 console.

I immediately returned to Walmart to get my refund, and not only did they deny my refund, they also refused to allow me to speak to upper management. I even called corporate and was told that the store manager would contact me, however, I have yet to hear from him.

I also called XBox Customer Support; they were a little more supportive. I had the serial number flagged as stolen, but Walmart says since I can't prove that I didn't swap it out myself, then it's not their responsibility. I understand that there are various ways this could have happened, however, Walmart failed at so many points to prevent this that it's ridiculous. I WILL NEVER TRUST THEM WITH ANY PURCHASE AGAIN.

Review about: Walmart Manager.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

So now it's 2017.What ever happened with your issue?

I'm having a difficult time believing you. WalMart inspects returns, and they certainly don't put xBox returns back onto their shelves, but that doesn't mean some person (employee or customer) could not have figured a way to do something like this. Or maybe it happened before it was shipped to the store, who knows. The fact that you claim the box was sealed tells us that even you didn't think the box packaging was amiss.

I wish you'd have returned to give us the final outcome. Anyway, there is a resolution for future purchases: Just have an associate open the box right there in the store, in front of you. And if you're purchasing as a gift, then you'll either have to give the gift without the shrinkwrap, or take your chances. If you think the recipient might wish to return gift, then have the associate mark the receipt as a gift receipt that is returnable even though it was opened (inspected) by the associate.

Now you have your opportunity to purchase the best deal AND have a guaranteed return receipt.AND, take a photo pf said receipt as back-up or make photocopy.

Mountain View, California, United States #994931

I purchased a very nice little Remington shotgun from Walmart when they'd decided not to carry firearms any longer.I had placed the gun in lay-a-way and went to get it out.

I took a look to make sure everything was copacetic and I noticed there was mud on the buttplate.

I pulled my receipt and compared the serial numbers.

This was not the gun I purchased.Of course this was the only one left.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States #944077

This is why you should have bought it from microsoft direct...

Ocala, Florida, United States #938511

I would report them to some united states federal agency i think maybe consumer affairs would do well with this one :) ............

Pompano Beach, Florida, United States #938308

Walmart only hires blacks and welfare people

to Budlight #944298

That is the most discriminating BS I have ever heard. Which catagory do you fit in, Black or welfare? Considering you were fired from one.

to Budlight #1116654

That is the stupidest thing I heard in a,while.Some areas have more black people so that there are more employees that are black.

Some areas are white, Hispanic etc.

U are one ignorant person.Hope u do not have children to teach this attitude to.

to Budlight #1264295

You can tell hes a red neck expecally eith that name

La Crosse, Kansas, United States #910827

Actually I think walmart the Chinese outlet is correct.They have no idea what you did, so your out of luck Charlie :(

On another note I am glad you got burned, because you bought it at Walmart.

You just put another American worker out of a job.

And lastly I don't believe you when you say you will never shop there again, you will.

You will go there time and time and time again, because of there cheap chit.

to Magnus Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1276969

How did they "just put another American worker out of a job"?

They bought the item at an American store, staffed by Americans, with inventory trucked in by American truckers, in what would normally be an American made tractor trailer.

The game component was made oversea, just like the beef and a good portion of the poultry that those workers eat are "made in America". So your point seems sort of... pointless.