3.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

On November 5, 2016 at around 8:30 PM I visited the Walmart store #1087 in Stuart Florida. I wanted to purchase a pack of sparkling ice flavored waters.

On your shelf there were several packs for sale as well as the single bottles. Instead of paying a dollar for each bottle I decided to buy the pack on the shelf for $4.67 as shown. When I got to the front register to ring up my items, The pack of sparkling ice water came up as an item not on file. Racquel, The cashier insisted that because it was rung up "not on file" it is not sold as a pack and must be scanned individually.

I told her I would have bought them individually but the deal is when you buy the entire pack as shown on your shelf. There were several packs on your shelf. She said she got yelled at by her manager before and does not want to be called to the office again so she had to call someone. The next gentleman that came over who was not a manager said that sometimes the employees are lazy and do not take them out of the packaging as they should be so we cannot give it to you for the price shown on the shelf.

I was not happy with that answer as I am a store manager for a very well-known retail company for 16 years and for four dollars I would have given my customer the price and fixed the problem immediately. Unfortunately they called over two more managers by the names of Paul and Tim, Tim proceeded to tell me that his manager, Chris already told him he cannot give me the price I saw on the shelf because the sparkling water is not sold in the package. I then explained to Tim that there were "several packages on the shelf with the $4.67 price point and isn't the customer always right? Can you at least give me the price for this package and go check and correct the problem?" He said I will not and cannot give you that price because my boss Chris already told me not to but I will go talk with them to fix the problem.

In the end I walked away without my sparkling ice water after spending $240 cash in your store. I am very disappointed in the attitudes and the service I was provided at your location. I would never lose a customer over four dollars. I am sure the average customer spends anywhere from $20,000-$30,000 in their lifetime at Walmart, statistically.

That is a very expensive loss over four dollars.

I would appreciate a phone call to help me understand why this location does not give their managers the authority to take care of their loyal customers. Thank you.

This person wrote the review because of pricing issue of sparkling ice bottled water from Walmart. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Walmart to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Comments

Savannah, Tennessee, United States #1243044

I spend an average of $200 a week at Walmart. That's $10,400 a year.

Pensacola, Florida, United States #1242399

I buy groceries at Walmart once a week, averaging 50-60 per visit.

At $50, that makes it $2600 per year. I have been shopping at Walmart for over 10 years. I'd say that's a pretty fair estimate.

Houston, Texas, United States #1241786

My husband and I have not spent $20,000 to $30,000 at Walmart, either as a couple or individually since we were born. Neither did our parents in their entire lifetime.

Exactly where do you get this information?