My husband and I went to Walmart Maple Grove. After walking thru the isles looking for a associate.I finally found one over by the pharmacy.

I asked her if she could call someone over to sporting goods. She did. after waiting more then 20 min. No one showed up.

I asked a young man riding a skateboard around the store if he can find someone to help us. He said yes and went to the fitting room to get us some help. The young man was very helpful but still no show from an associate. As we were waiting I called the store and asked for a manager.

I waited alittle for a manager to answer. I told him that we had been waiting here in sporting goods for over 20 min. He said he couldn't here the call because he was in the freezer. He said he will send someone over.

After waiting some more. He finally showed up. I'm really unhappy with the customer service in this store.

You really have to reevaluate your customer service training. Your main focus should be your customer!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Sports, Fitness And Outdoors Department.

Comments

Did you ever stop to think that the person working in sporting goods may have been on their lunch break or been tied up with someone else? To keep prices down big box stores have a minimum of help on the floor.

I work in a big box home center. My department stretches 1/3 of the way across the store and includes doors, windows, door locks, etc. I am the only person in the department for 6 hours on the weekends. If I am re-keying locks for a customer I can't run to the doors and windows every time I am paged.

It's not that I don't want to help those people it's that I can't be in two places at once.

Unfortunately I never hear people saying they want to pay more for their products so the company will hire more people, instead they are always looking for an angle to get a lower price and that lower price comes at the cost of having fewer people around to help you. If you want better service go to a small locally owned shop, just expect to pay a little more for the service you get.

LadyScot

People always say they want more service, yet refuse to be willing to pay for it. Let the price of something in Walmart go up 5 cents and they have a hissy fit. How much do they think all that extra help they demand is going to cost them?

You get what you are willing to pay for. You can go to a proper sporting goods store, pay twice the price and get one one one service, or you go to the ghetto and get bad service, and pay less.