Verified Reviewer

I wanted a laptop from Walmart, so I went to Raise and bought some Walmart gift cards to acquire the laptop. It worked great and I was expecting something like 4-5 airline points per dollar (3 points for the Walmart shopping portal and 1-2 points for Raise.

This wouldve been great, but the nightmare began after I returned the laptop.

Walmart refunded my credit card and one of the gift cards, but not both. I went on chat with Walmart.com multiple times and the answers varied between they would investigate, they would credit it, and they would need to escalate. Every time, they had me waiting 24 hours in the meanwhile. Finally, I called and they told me the gift card was used for several returns and was blacklisted or something like that.

They said I needed to provide a picture of the original gift card along with the receipt of purchase of the card to get the credit. Fine.

I sent them the Raise receipt along with a screenshot of the digital gift card. Did they accept it? Of course not.

Response:

We have researched your Gift Card concern and determined that this Walmart Gift Card was bought from a third party. Please contact the third party seller for assistance on the gift card.

Thank you for contacting Walmart, where we are always happy to help! Walmart Gift Card

Are they really happy to help? I doubt it.

The woman on the phone didnt sound happy. They wouldnt pass me over to anyone else. The only thing they could offer me say theyre sending the message in and wait for 24 hours.

What did I do then? Well, the only logical thing to do is go to Raise.

I went to Raise and gave them the story. They told me that if I was able to redeem the card the first time, thats all that they were responsible for. I think thats the right thing, actually. If the card worked, its Walmarts fault that theyre not returning my credit.

I then asked if they could help me with the receipt.

Of course not. Raise could not provide it.

User's recommendation: If buying gift cards, buy them in round numbers i.e. $200 and not $203.

Walmart Cons: Got the run around.

Comments

#2066030

Walmart did not steal anything. Contact where you purchased gift card.

#2066142
@PissedConsumer2066030

Why? The gift card worked the first time.

If they can't refund my money to the gift card, shouldn't they give me one that works?

I did contact Raise. They couldn't help me.

#2065532

Why would you buy a gift card rather than just buying the computer? Seems like a odd way of making a purchase.

#2065539
@PissedConsumer2065532

Raise.com will give you some points for buying the cards. It helps others get rid of their unwanted gift cards.

Walmart Reviews