The Fort Dodge IA store policy of stopping customers at the exit door and demanding their receipt to take inventory of the cart, is to say at the very least, DEMEANING!

If this is the type of loss prevention Wal-Mart stores plans to use I won't be shopping your stores any longer!

I have been a long time customer of your company and do not intend on being treated as a suspect for spending $100.00 – $200.00 a week at your store!

The last time I checked, This is Still America and we live in a free society !

If that Value escapes your corporate management I can certainly avoid your property.

Comments

W.H.Scheaffer

Its an underground theft ring where I am at. One person will scream racism on one side causing a scene as the other side door three people walk out with high merchandise items. Nice try dude but we have gotten smarter then you.

I'm pretty sure your security is set up loosely based on military doctrine. Inner/outer cordon, static/roving guard, ecp, surveillance, etc, etc.

If simple diversionary tactics you mentioned above( you have the grammer and spelling of a 7th grader) worked, then retraining, walkthroughs and scenario based rehersals are in order. You seem to imply that these thefts happen frequently.

(hence your sheepish belief that Americans' rights should be violated). If that's the case it may be time to find another head of Security.

W.H.Scheaffer

You little sheep don't even have the courage to use your own names. Anonymous you shall remain as your rights are slowly taken from you, taken without even a whimper.

America the home of the sheep if you have it your way. Open your eyes and look at the world around you, its changing. Your giving what you haven't earned, or fought for, away.

BTW I've flown into Paris many times and not once questioned by an Israeli security guard. %&@+$ POG.

So you are a people greeter at Walmart who's job is also to check receipts and under the law in any state businesses have the right to check merchandise for payment until it leaves the property. But back to the people greeter.

You are a people greeter that sees a TV being carried to the door never seeing it in the check out line knowing full well that customers pay for TVs up front all the time, again they never saw it played for and you just let it walk right out the door with out checking. You are a *** if you think everyone is honest. This is a campaign to demonize Walmart into changing their policy so that professional theifs can get away more frequently. I see it all the time as a front end manager at Walmart .

Its an underground theft ring where I am at.

The Israeli airlines El Al has trained guards speak to each passenger. I had this occur in Paris on a trip.

They asked where I had been, what I liked about the trip, how long I had stayed. All very nice and pleasant. They don't care about the answers, but the responses, actions, and emotional reaction of the passenger to the discussion. By doing this, they stop terrorist.

The same principle applies to this receipt checking. I doubt if they catch anything in the carts, but the fact that the criminal is going to have to stand there, have someone else look over their cart, and waive them through increases the emotional tension for the criminal.

It may make many new shoplifters stop, because of the fear of getting caught. Having an employee that has to check your stuff and wave you through is much more intimidating to crooks versus an open door the theft can walk through without pause.

The Walmart in my town only checks receipts when you have big and bulky items not in a bag. I have no problem showing my receipt because unlike you, I have nothing to hide.

sorry pal your still on Walmart property so they can Walmart parking lot is private property (according to the wire ) so yea *** head its a 4 billion dollar company i think they can do just fine about with out your 200.00 and going into the store you basicly consent to it like the security cameras

Orange, California, United States #1035882

You obviously have something to hide if you cannot show your receipt.

to KevinRichards #1036186

i travel this site hoping to find garbage from k richards. it's always there for my entertainment.

we sit around and laugh at his stoopid crapp. they should make a sitcom out of his life.

call it richards retardoe and his 3 year old wifee. funny as helllllll.

to theDonald Orange, California, United States #1036441

Before calling anyone retarded learn how to spell properly. I have no wife.

Sorry, these stores are treating their customers like criminals. It is demeaning, and if they do it to everyone that just makes it demeaning to everyone. Walmart reaches new lows all the time.

Not demeaning if they check everyone. Costco does this as well and it seems to work for them. Not sure where you will shop if this is a big issue for you.

Thanks god, they won't have to hear you whine anymore. You must have stole stuff if you have that big a deal showing a receipt.