4.4

This review concerns the walmart.com/grocery home delivery service in Denver,CO.

The drivers are nice and always call about a half hour before they arrive at the scheduled time. The phone service is sometimes okay and other times not so good. My complaint is that from my most recent order I only had two taxable items totaling $3.98 and with the Denver tax of 7.7% my total tax should have been .49. However, I was charged .72. I then went back over all my previous grocery home delivery orders and realized I was overcharged on all the taxable items on those orders as well with those undisclosed "extra taxes." I wish I would have noticed it on those orders as well. The Walmart Grocery phone customer service person I spoke with informed me that those additional taxes are city and state taxes and another tax as well that is added to the regular 7.7% Denver tax that Walmart has no control over. I asked him why I was not made aware of those "extra taxes" on my order total. He told me that someone that handles the Walmart Grocery website pricing, etc. would contact me in 2 days via email or my home phone to explain why I am charged those "extra taxes." I do not mind paying the delivery fee. However, I will never use their delivery service again as I believe that it is sneaky and unethical to charge any customer "extra taxes" without disclosing the "extra taxes" on the completed order total. I guess I will go back to shopping at the King Soopers near my home and take the cab home. Again, the Drivers are nice so I do not blame them and the phone customer service does refund anything in my order that is incorrect. If and when Walmart Grocery will charge just the regular 7.7 tax for taxable items and of course the delivery fee then I will use them again. For now, I will not use Walmart Grocery with those "extra" undisclosed taxes.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Go through all my walmart.com/grocery orders charging me only the required 7.7% tax on all taxable items & any required delivery charge and refund me those "other extra undisclosed" taxes I was charged..

I liked: Refunds for wrong items and nice ontime drivers, Nice ontime drivers.

I didn't like: Extra undisclosed sneaky taxes.

Comments