Dyersburg, Tennessee
3.0

Here is what happened....I was out of town and went to the local area Walmart and decided to upgrade my Verizion cellphones..found 2 i liked and bought them....decided after a couple of days I wanted to return the phones and get even better more expensive phones...went to my hometown Walmart and was told I could not return my phones to any Walmart store except the one i had bought them from..the store I bought the phones at is a 4 hour drive for me...was told i did not buy the phone through Walmart but through a middleman company named TROC..so Walmarts return policy did not apply...wow are you kidding me..its inside the Walmart in the electronic area..I have sent email to Walmart but of course TROC has no way to contact them....NEVER EVER BUY A CELLPHONE AT WALMART...you are not buying from Walmart which is a sham TROC uses to sell phones...return polices should be same as Walmart.. i will continue to try and contact TROC to explain my dissatisfaction with them....

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Walmart Cons: Uses second parties who has different policies than walmart.

Comments

THE POLICY IS THE SAME AS WALMART EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT RETURN HAVE TO BE DONE AT THE SAME LOCATION. I HAVE BOIUT 2 PHONES THIS WAY WITH SPRINT YOU JUST HAVE TO READ THE PAPERWORK.

The same exact thing is literally happening to me at this moment and the return deadline expires in 14 days. I even visited the AT&T store and there was nothing they could do except offer me a trade in price, of which, was an exceptionally reduced value.

He suggested selling the phone; however, he wasn't sure whether or not that would interfere with my current contract.

I am just at a loss and do not know what to do. I don't understand why it's such a hassle to exchange, not even return, for a newer product.

@Anonymous

An exchange is a return of one product for credit towards the purchase of another product. It's still a return.