I bought a cable from a local Walmart store, and as soon as I plugged it in, it started to smoke and it physically melted my phone.
- I contacted the store and got pushed off to their 1-800 line.
- The 1-800 line pushed me off to another store to open a claim.
- The 3rd party claims company pushed me off to the CABLE MANUFACTURER in CHINA
- The cable manufacturer did an "in-depth review" of the cable and determined they weren't at fault. Big surprise there! Generally tests like this would be done at a third-party lab.. not in-house..
- Their final determination was "there must have been a piece of metal inside my phone that caused the short circuit". They wouldn't even entertain the idea that this "stray piece of metal" might have been in their cable.
- Because of this, the cable manufacturer closed the file, the third-party insurance company closed the file, and Walmart closed the file.
Very one-sided and nobody will even respond to me now from any of the companies.
Stay away from Walmart electronics because they are obviously cheaply made and the company does not stand by their quality.
Review about: Blackweb Bwa17Wi034 Cable.
Reason of review: Damaged or defective.
Monetary Loss: $600.
Preferred solution: Compensation for value of phone.
I didn't like: Lack of accountability, Passing me off to others, Making me speak directly to the manufacturer in china, Constantly having to follow-up.