100 Ozark Dr, Cuba, MO 65453, USA
2.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I bought a cable from a local Walmart store, and as soon as I plugged it in, it started to smoke and it physically melted my phone.

- I contacted the store and got pushed off to their 1-800 line.

- The 1-800 line pushed me off to another store to open a claim.

- The 3rd party claims company pushed me off to the CABLE MANUFACTURER in CHINA

- The cable manufacturer did an "in-depth review" of the cable and determined they weren't at fault. Big surprise there! Generally tests like this would be done at a third-party lab.. not in-house..

- Their final determination was "there must have been a piece of metal inside my phone that caused the short circuit". They wouldn't even entertain the idea that this "stray piece of metal" might have been in their cable.

- Because of this, the cable manufacturer closed the file, the third-party insurance company closed the file, and Walmart closed the file.

Very one-sided and nobody will even respond to me now from any of the companies.

Stay away from Walmart electronics because they are obviously cheaply made and the company does not stand by their quality.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Compensation for value of phone.

I didn't like: Lack of accountability, Passing me off to others, Making me speak directly to the manufacturer in china, Constantly having to follow-up.

Comments

h.kitchener

Most everything relating to electronic gadgets, parts, etc. are now made in China or in some foreign land.

That's because they can make them cheaper---and, of course they are often unreliable and/or dangerous and ineffective at what they purport to deliver. As for USB cables, I have found that it can be very dangerous to use cheap ones, as you did. It always pays to buy cables for anything that are name brand and preferably made in the USA, altho this is becoming harder to do. Walmart is known for cheaper prices, but also recognize that a cheaper price may also indicate a cheaper piece of goods.

The Dollar Tree stores sell USB and other cables for a dollar but that would not be wise to do, for example.

Pay more and get something that will not harm your product. As for Walmart giving you short-shrift----what else do you expect from Walmart---they are not known for their customer service among other deficiencies.