Dunkirk, Maryland

I rec'd a $200 walmart visa gift card in December. I decided to put it away for a summer weekend getaway with my boyfriend.

I attempted to use the card and was told their was no value on the card after calling the 800 # on the back. I was told this amount was already used. Not sure how this could even happen when the card was never even opened so the # could not have been exposed. I was informed by walmart that I should contact the gifter.

I did... I have the receipt in my hand showing exactly when she bought it. On 7/16, I was told I would receive a call back within 4 hours. That call never came.

I then faxed all my documentation to Walmart and am waiting on a response. This is beyond unnacceptable.

I am an extremely frustrated consumer!

I will not stop until resolution on this issue is achieved!

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $200. The author is overall dissatisfied with Walmart. The most disappointing about walmart gift card from Walmart was customer service sounds like robots and managers and supervisors poorly trained on taxing issues Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Comments

Dunkirk, Maryland, United States #1187114

I got a call back from them and now I suspect that my boyfriend stole my gift card and snuck it back in my wallet. At least I suspect that is what happened when I found out when and where it was used.

Apparently it was used a month ago to buy baseball equipment. My boyfriend recently bought this equipment about a month ago. I questioned him about it and he denied it. He said it was just a coincidence.

I don't know who to believe.

I mean the equipment was bought at a store he goes to, and the gift card was used when he had the baseball equipment. However I trust him and think it may be a coincidence.

to Anonymous Port Republic, Maryland, United States #1187225

Sounds like to me he stole it hunny! Everything you just said pretty much explaina it.

He lied to you and still think that he's telling the truth? Come on kiddo, you know the truth, it right in front of you. Think about this, that $200 was giving to you as a gift, you probably told him about the card or he saw it one day when you were out thw room and used it. He was selfish to do it and I hope you take all the *** he bought and get it exchange for a giftcard or have it put back on your card.

Never let a men know everything that's in your wallet, you'really thank me later!! If you live with him, it time to find somewhere else to go.