Just found this out, I'm less than thrilled:

Back in may, I received a $100 prepaid card for my birthday. Since the expiry date was in "2020", I set it in my wallet for a rainy day and never touched it again

Well, Today I finally dug it out, logged into the site to check the address on the card..and guess what I found?

The Card only Has a $5 Balance. Activated, Never Used, but only has $5. How exactly does that make sense? Needless to say I'm furious. I had planned to use this on Amazon for moving essentials..imagine if I had really needed the thing for an emergency?

Review about: Walmart Prepaid Card.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

Richmond, Virginia, United States #1135688

Same thing happened to me.We received a $100 gift card in 2012.

When we finally decided to use the card it was closed. Called Walmart only to find out due to not using the card it was closed. The funny part is the card expires in 2020 and on the back the card reads "funds to not expire".

Called Walmart again only to be told nothing could be done and we could purchase a new one although I am not sure how that would solve the problem..

well looks like you need to read the fine print on back.are there fees?

my guess is that there was. or someone used it or you used it. i know visa as a no acurrying fees card,.

(still have to pay almost 5 for loading or reloading but its ok if you put a couple hundred on it) or maybe there never was 100 on it?good luck

You logged on to check the address???

Send me the card # and pin code and I will get this corrected for you.