1.2K views

I brought my own brand new designer frames in and asked if they could fit them with lenses.They said no problem.

The cost would be $80 per lens and a $20 processing fee, for a total of $180. After I gave them my money it was nothing but trouble. The first week I got a call that the lenses had to be sent back due to quality issues. The second week I drove to pick them up only to find out that it was the wrong prescription.

The next week I got a call that the lenses came in too big. Two weeks after that I was told that they were in, went down to pick them up, only to find that the lenses were full of debris and when one of the attendants cleaned them up they ended up scratching the lenses due to the poor lens cutting job.

By this time I had had it. I must have spent over $30 in gas driving back and forth across the county over the month and a half they had my frames. The manager's reasoning (Andrel) for giving me a refund was that she was having to eat all the costs on these lenses and it was not worth it to her.

Never mind that NONE of this was my fault. The manager was more interested in the bottom line than customer satisfaction. So, I went in to return the lenses yet again and the manager was not in. The vision attendant (Amanda) was extremely uncooperative and told me that she could not give me a refund because the manager was out to lunch and that I would have to wait for 30 minutes.

I then asked her to call another manager to which she replied that another manager would not be able to help me. I then *insisted* that she call a manager to which she snidely replied, "I really don't understand what the problem is with the glasses." Ummm, do they *train* these people in customer service??? Once again, I insisted on speaking to a manager. She picked up the phone and told me that there was no other manager in.

So, I got up, walked down to customer service, and low and behold, there I found a manager!! Imagine that? A manager in a store! The manager was extremely sympathetic and issued me a refund of $160, to which I interjected that I paid $180.

Amanda, the lazy, unhelpful attendant piped in that $20 was a non-refundable processing fee. To which I responded, "for what? Are you saying that I should pay you for holding my frames for a month and a half and continually putting in defective lenses???" Thank goodness the kind manager was still there and promptly refunded me the additional $20. So, for all that hassle I lost $30 in gas, hours in time, gained a high degree of frustration, and got my $250 designer frames back with scratches and off-kilter hinges which I am uncertain can be repaired.

Everything they say about the Walmart Vision Center is true.

They suck!!

Review about: Walmart Manager.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

If you are in a rush or have a absolute need for Eye Wear.

Do Not go to Walmart. The average time from eye exam to making the glasses is at least 3 weeks.

In some cases 6 weeks.

I think it is because of the mass amount of people that go there, for cheap glasses and contacts.

to Jack Brown #1088882

Oh come on-Glasses take 1 week to get in. Not sure which vision center you go to, but Ontario Oregon is wonderful.

it is true walmart is very slow in completing orders.

Waynesboro, Pennsylvania, United States #815280

I dealt with Sandy in Waynesboro Walmart - most unprofessional person Ive ever dealt with in 30 years!I was scheduling an appt.

and she said they do not take my insurance, I called my insurance just to verify and was confirmed that indeed they do...so I called back to make the appt and that woman hung up on me 2 times, guess she did not like being proven wrong!they've lost my business.

I feel your pain,i bought my glasses about 3 weeks ago,the dr sent me to see a neuro dr bc i have had double vision for about 6 month's...and told me the new glasses probably wouldn't help,so then why did they sell them to me??

Went to the neuro dr...and lo and behold my double vision has nothing to do with my nervous system,i have astigmitism.

He said he was going to write the dr a nice little letter about getting more educated.And wasted $150 of my parent's money

Now i either have to see about them redoing the lens and get a refund bc the neuro dr said that i would probably have to wear contact's or lasek surgery.

Let me explain to you how horrible not only davis vision is but wal mart vision center in general is.

Wal mart uses a billing system known as the wire guide. this wire guide bundles things together that you wont need to get otherwise. You think your going to pickup those poly lenses for 30$. No. They will hit you with "scratch coat" and ultraviolet coating.

First let me explain to you that scratch coat is a non exsistent coating. It's not real. It's not a coating at all, you cant peel it. Your lenses are made SCRATCH RESISTANT. DO NOT PAY FOR SCRATCH COAT. all it will give you is a 1 year warrantee, and trust me they are made to be resilient for that entire year.

2nd. Ultraviolet coating is necessary. BUT, if you dont want it you shouldnt have to pay for it. HOWEVER, going to wal mart? Want poly lenses? You will be paying for poly, uc, and scratch, because they cant bill it otherwise.

Ideally, insurance is supposed to force providers into a special arrangement where they generally accept a lower payment from you and the insurance company for a steady supply of consumers.

Wal Mart does this and charges you the difference which is technically illegal and fraudulent. Their employees watch a 30 minute video and follow the wire guide.

Stay the *** away from Wal Mart vision center and Davis Vision

to I work for Davis Vision Ashburn, Virginia, United States #682636

The Wire guides that you mentioned were - (they are no longer used because everything is set up to auto-allocate based on Davis Vision and Wal-marts contracts) printed documents provided to Wal-mart by Davis Vision that show what is and is not covered or what is to be discounted, for each plan available that Wal-mart accepts.

I would also like to mention that all of our lenses are coated with a scratch coating that we do not charge the patient for. -- in fact, when doing an order for non insurance or insurance, the coating is not listed on the order anywhere because our lens blanks are pre-coated. --- yes coated. (I believe you may be confusing that with AR coating, which yes, can peel do to a wide variety of things if not properly cared for, such as extreme heat, hair care products such as hair spray getting on the lenses, cleaning your lenses with a paper towel or when the lenses are dry, or cleaning your glasses with chemical such as windex) And anyone buying polycarbonate lenses should always add scratch coatings to their lenses -- they are easier to scratch than plastic lenses without it.

I would also like to mention that our Polycarbonate lenses do not come with a UV coating on them, nor can you add UV to the order (system is set up to prevent it) because Polycarbonate material naturally absorbs UV rays, making it unnecessary to coat the lens with it.

And ideally, VISION insurance is supposed to give patients the ability to get a frame...

#320085

Horrible O.D.Tried to overcharge me.

Make sure you do your homework before you go to the place, you should make sure what you are entitled to by your vision insurance before you go.If you can go to another place that accepts your insurance avoid the Walmart Vision Center in Old Bridge, the O.D is nasty but the staff is good.

My husband recently ordered his new glasses through WalMart on Miller Lane and they did a fantastic job! His frames and lenses were moderatley priced and he(we) couldn't be happier.

Give them another chance, Amanda isn't there anymore!

@ Betsy who are you to call people pathetic because theyre telling about bad service they received?Just because you say your experience was good doesnt mean the vision center is!

You may have been a \"no brainer\" case... And AMBEr if you work @ walmart vision center...YOUR PATHETIC! Walmart is losing its ^^^! Duuuuhhhh!!!

Pay attention!

Oh thats right they keep you in the dark, dont they, just like the vision center!Numbers dont lie!