As I walked in to Walmart today, I discovered long lines which doesn't surprise me. As a walked over to the pharmecy, I noticed a

worker standing in line. I asked the worker if she was done for the day. She said no. She was just on her break. I said that she

picked a great time to go on break. There was long lines everywhere and there she is standing at the pharmecy. She had no business

being on break when the store is packed. The worker got defensive and told me she has to take a break when management tells her to.

She claims she has a right to a break. I didn't need some prissy, low wage Walmart worker talking to me like that, so I went to find a

manager. When I finally found a manager, I told him that none of the workers needed to be on a break when the store is as busy as it

was. I didn't care if they were standing for several hours in one spot all day. The customer comes first. That is their job. I also

believe that workers shouldn't be buying their medications on their breaks. I believe that should wait till after work. God knows what

that worker was buying. She probally doesn't even need it. The manager told me he would take care of it. At least someone sees eye to

eye with me.

Review about: Walmart Manager.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

They also have a right to grab a water and candy bar to eat real quick so they can wait on people like you all 9 hours, being that your more important than them and they probably don't even deserve a meal.

Well, well, well, unfortunately this world has people like you living in it.I just love the fact that someone of your intellect is judging a person simply because they work at Walmart speaks volumes about your character.

Who are you to question what a person does on their break?? Who are you to "assume" that she did not need the medication she was purchasing?

Furthermore, you should make sure you can spell before you submit such an arrogant, selfish, supercilious comment.I too have been frustrated by long lines at Walmart but am grateful that I would never lower myself to your level.

Thanks LadyScot for proving how much you hate your job and finally admitting you hate your job and life. Though we all already knew it "as well".

See LadyScot confess to hating her job and life at Review #: 403979

Mika894

Hun, by law workers have to take a lunch/short break while working a shift.If it were a short shift, they have to take a short break.

If a 9 hour shift they have to take either a 30 minute (or hour depending on where you work) lunch break. The manager is right she has to take a break because BY LAW she has to. Even when the store is busy and yes customers do come first, she's required to take a break.

You don't know how long she's been on her feet.So for a pissed off customer like you having to wait standing in line for 20 minutes think you're higher than an average worker standing for 9 hours makes you pathetic and dumb as ***.

to Mika894 #652094

Well, hello LadyScot - hun.

Is this a joke? Nobody can really be that ignorant.

Boulder, Colorado, United States #626890

What a jerkoff

OP, You have no ****ing right to post this. You obviously don't know what it's like in retail. We clock in and get BOMBARDED with the most ridiculous questions and requests. We have to deal with your problems, your attitudes, and your snot-nosed brats all day. 8 Hours is two 15-Minute breaks, and 1-Hour lunch, So we're at the store for like.. 9 hours. Do you want to spend 9 hours at Wally World? No, Obviously, you're complaining about lines.

In my area,you go past the 6-hour mark without a break, It can cost the company up to $1,000 PER MINUTE. Can WalMart afford that for 800+ workers? Maybe, but that would mean your $4 generic wouldn't exist. You'd have to pay $85 for your prescription Mydol for your PMS issue.(Which you probs can't afford, either. You're shopping at WALMART.)

Get off your high horse, and deal with your waiting Issue. It's customers(like you, OP) that put ALL the associates in bad moods. Come in early, 7AM is PRIME for not waiting-- Or late: 9PM!

But it isn't the associate's fault, Give them a freeking break!

Lackey#30127

If I was that manager, I would have you banned from the store.That employee was correct.

When the manager tells you to go on break, you go.

That employee has every right to be at the pharmacy purchasing meds on her break or lunch.No doubt, she was getting blood pressure meds, so that she doesn't have a stroke while dealing with whiney entitled customers such as yourself.

I think everybody needs to work six months in retail to fully appreciate what goes on in a store.

Gulfport, Mississippi, United States #560818

I must admit there are some dumb as ppl in the world and your proof of it. What gives you the right to think you are above anyones self awarness if I need to take a break guess what I am taking a break that goes to show how some ppl don't have respect for others...... I am tired of ppl thinking that they can say what they want and no one is going to say anything back realize the ppl that work are WAL-MART are ppl and they deserve to have a break at any time of the day that is required and FYI regardless of what a manager tells you doesn't mean that they actually do it have you heard of stroking someones ego