Why is Walmart always moving things around? When I go to find a product I like it is usally not where I had gotten it before.

It is not only time consuming but frustrating. I usually give up & do not buy the product, because it takes to long to find where they moved it too. It doesn't make sense.

Aren't they losing money by doing this? I would think so, because I know how many times I gave up & didn't buy the product, because it's not where it was the last time I purchased it.

Comments

Simple. Fill a cart with frozen and perishable items.

Begin putting these items in varioius places around the store where they might be difficult to find (like the items they have moved again) In a day or two WALMART will have to start looking regularly for stuff rotting in their ailes. Now they get to waste their precious time having to search and search and search. It's amarketing ploy meant to keep you in the store longer to make more and more impulse purchases.

I'have gotten fed the *** up before and left an overflowing cart standing and left the store. I won't be manipulated and used by a department store.

League City, Texas, United States #1247881

They do it so that you buy other products you see things you dont usually buy or it looks good youll spend more money

Newton, Alabama, United States #1217614

I agree I usually don't get get what i was looking for especially since the last time I asked an associate where something was (something that I purchase every week mind you) he tried to tell me it had been there for a year. I officially now hate Walmart. My sister was told by a cashier that they move things so shoppers will have to look around and buy more but that theory does not work on me.

Why not ask where the product you want is located. If you are too shy to do this why not take mommy shopping with you hand have her speak for you?

to Anonymous Marion, Ohio, United States #1208234

That's a pointless response. Why should anyone have to constantly ask?

But I guess you feel better having attempted to belittle someone.

to Anonymous #1394846

you can not find anybody to help

to Anonymous #1406117

Oh thank you, that would be great if I could ever find an employ to ask. They are rare at the Walmart I usually shop at even though Yes, I am a little shy.

And as for taking my mommy, well she has been deceased for several years now, and I would love to take her if I could. But, thanks so much for reminding me how much I miss her & wishing she was here so I could take her with me.

No they are not losing money, they do this because while you're looking for the product you want you might run across something you needed.

Walmart is not the only store that does things like this. If you are going to buy a specific item each time you visit a store and you know exactly where it is, chances are you are not going to " see " anything else in the store except that product. Stores like you to " see " as much as possible to generate an increase of sales.

Additionally, there are always new products that come out and the stores that carry those items have to make room for them someplace. You can only squeeze a certain amount of shelf space before a complete re-vamp must be done.

This has happened in the Walmart that I go to occasionally too. If I can not easily find something I ask one of the employees walking around the floor and usually they can easily point me to it, that is, if they speak any kind of English.

I will have to give these " underpaid " employees a lot of credit for being able to keep up with all of the changes and quote from memory where things are or have been moved to.

No, I don't work for Walmart.

No, I don't work for Walmart.