I will no longer attempt to purchase watermelons at walmart in Rockport, Texas. Having purchased my second watermelon and finding it not worth eating I do believe it's not worth the price nor the effort to select a good one.

Both have been soft inside meaning they either have been in the field in water or either picked too early and put out for purchase when they are over ripe.

I have eating watermelons all my life and never had this experience with making two attempts both ending up in the garbage. You certainly can't tell by inspecting the ends of the melon or shape and color...soooooooo beware...4.98 in the trash which isn't going to break me but just reflects the fact that somethings are way too high for the quality...

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $5. The author is overall dissatisfied with Walmart. The most disappointing about wiggins farms watermelon from Walmart was watermelons from walmart Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Comments

Delray Beach, Florida, United States #1232574

I have to post more words for my comment to show, so again Walmart guarantees their produce is fresh or your money back and you don't need to return the produce to the store, just show your receipt.

Vidor, Texas, United States #1227360

I have purchased more than a dozen watermelons from Walmart in Lumberton, Tx supplied by Wiggins Watermelons. They were imported from Mexico and had very little flavor or sweetness.

I have loved watermelons all of my life. But you would think that after a while you would luck out and get a sweet one. These melons are probably genetically modified to grow fast. Unfortunately for me they are poor substitutes for a good home grown melon.

I will never try another one unless it is grown in the USA.