Update by user Mar 07, 2013

Just to clarify for those who have not read all of the posts.I have since decided to xfer my phone number to a real provider one who stands behind their products and is able to repair/replace on site.This being said, the phone was only 23 days old so the extended warranty would not apply since it was still under the DEFECTS AND WORKMANSHIP.

So, the phone warranty did not expire in 23 days from purchase!!!!

PLEASE READ before you comment.

Thanks

Update by user Feb 24, 2013

***edit*** this product has a 90 day warranty for defects and workmanship. The assistant manager basically stated that is the manufactures warranty not ours so talk to them. Now I am questioning why I ever shopped at Walmart and why I purchased the service agreement as well???

Original review posted by user Feb 24, 2013

On February 1st I purchased a LG cell phone from Walmart using their Straight Talk service. purchased the phone and the service plan. On the 24th of February the phone case was falling apart. Being that the phone was only 23 days old and that I purchased the service plan, I took it back to Walmart in Johnsburg. I talked to an associate and they would not do anything about it they stated that it was past 15 days old. I asked to talk to a manager. When talking to the assistant manager (Who is on a power trip and was not helpful), They stated that it was past the 15 days so they would do nothing. I asked why it was not posted and/or why this is an issue. They stated that it was policy and that it was posted. When I asked where it was posted they pointed up to the ceiling. There was a sign stating that their was a 15 day return policy on some items. this sign was not anywhere near the phones and it was approximately 9 or more feet from the floor and with small print would be next to impossible to read let-alone find. When I asked to speak to the store manager. The assistant manager stated that they were not in the store. When I asked when they would be in. The assistant manager stated that she did not know. I asked that she find out because I found it hard to believe that the manager would not have some type of schedule. After going back and fourth about the manager. The assistant manager stated the the store manager could be in tomorrow about 7 am.

Review about: Walmart Manager.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

Why don't you contact the company your warranty is through and have your phone fixed through them? Stop complaining about Wal-Mart not taking back your phone because it's beyond the return date.

to Simon #619621

Thanks for your comment.I did contact the company for the warranty,(straight talk) owned by Walmart.

They wanted me to send the phone in and wait 2-3 weeks for a replacement...not a good idea if this is your only phone.In addition I was not just complaining about Walmart it was also about the lack of information about the return policy that is half of the implied 30 day return policy.

Los Angeles, California, United States #614703

I bought A TrakFone, WiKipedia says it's the same Company, Net10 and Straight Talk. I bet All three have the same Warrenty and Contracts. I read the contract which came with my Trakfone.

I am sure your Contract is Exactly the same as mine.

After my contract passed the day it EXPIRED I threw it into the trash...It's Worthless for anything.red, Broken Screen, Scratches,Cracked Case. Talking Doesn't do anything like that to a Phone......The CO who made the phone LG, made it defective and now it's cracked. Your asking them to replace your phone after it cracked from you talking on it. You have the contract and read it, since you went to wal-mart and claimed it broke because it was defective, the contract you read says what is and is not a defect, it's not what you think it should be in your world. it's defective in OUR WORLD where everybody else lives and understands what the rules are.

Go read your paperwork. Your fileing a claim on an expired,past the end date you agreed to. If that wrong, you have paperwork that says your right and that why your complaing to wal-mart.

Also, your Trakfone-net-10 .smart talk contract says a cracked case is a covered event......they can only insure for what it's supposed to be used for.Calling,talking,dialing all the things that normally happen when useing a cell phone. None of that would make a cell phone case break.....Your claining you case cracked making a call and it's not useable for what you bought it...

That;s how this happened, RIGHT?

Do you know what others think who understand the meaning of 15 days late a bill and non-covered claims being rejected. Everybody else has at one time or the other been late and past the date doing something and paid for their own mistakes. These same people have also had to take personablity for something that happened that wasen't covered by insurance or a contract like a cracked case.

If there was insurance that Covered everything that could happen to your phone. The insurance CO would have to charge you the total price you paid for the phone, to replace every phone they insured PLUS the cost for the Employees,benniies, and make a tiny profit. It doesn't make any sence to buy insurance that cost more than the phone. You think they need to replace your phone after you did, anything

to A off the Wall Carpet Installe #619632

Thanks for your comment. However the case was not cracked it was defective (falling apart), not cracked or broken just falling apart at the case halves.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #614006

If the warranty you purchased is for the company and not WalMart, I don't understand what your problem is.I have never had any problem returning things to WalMart.

I have never spent money on warranties for any item that I have bought. I also don't have that many problems with any of the merchandise that I buy there. If you read the terms of the warranty, I'm sure you will find where it tells how to hand the product. Also a lot of products, no matter where you buy them have right on the package or instruction sheet, that if you have problems with the item, not to take it back to the store, but instead send it to the company.

You must be one of the people that when something goes wrong with a product that you buy at WalMart, just assume that it is all WalMart's responsibility.

to anonymous #614027

It is 15 days to bring back a cell an extended warranty comed in after the limited warrenty on the cell they should have done something depends on the managet on duty customer service stinks if u can get it just steal one they can write it ogf

to former wm person #619627

Thanks for the info but I will not take one from them. I have since decided to xfer my phone number to a real provider one who stands behind their products and is able to repair/replace on site.

LadyScot
to myworld_60034 Naples, Florida, United States #619660

A 'real' carrier will not replace a phone after the warranty expires, and they will not replace the phone if you have an extended warranty because the EXTENDED warranty EXTENDS the manufacturer warranty UNLESS you have INSURANCE that you pay for EVERY month on your contract..WHY are people so *** as to NOT read the freaking warranty before they buy it?

EXTENDED people.

It picks up AFTER the manufacturer warranty expires.READ.

to anonymous #619623

Thanks for your comment.I am glad that you have not had a problem with returning items to Walmart.

I did contact the company for the warranty,(straight talk) owned by Walmart.

to myworld_60034 Port Orchard, Washington, United States #620431

Walmart does not own Strait Talk. Straight Talk is owned by Tracfone Wireless, which is not owned by Walmart.