1605 Se Everett Mall Way, Everett, WA 98208
1.7

I went to Walmart to do my weekly shopping. The employee standing at the exit door could see me in line purchasing my groceries.

I was still stopped at the door to look at my receipt as though I was a common thief. I was so insulted. I just cannot condone this kind of treatment. I will now go to the competitor to shop.

Cannot even explain how hurt I feel having been questioned as to whether I had paid for my items or not.

Cannot do business with a store that treats me like a thief. And the young man at the door was Very polite.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Good for you. I wish that more people would do that.

Wal-Mart needs to learn how to treat their customers with the dignity and respect that they deserve.

They owe you an apology and they should give you a $100 Wal-Mart gift card to make it up to you for the way that you were mistreated. Instead of hassling you, they should have given you a big smile as you were walking out the door and exclaimed "Thank you for shopping Wal-Mart."

@Anonymous

Was the whole story told here? I find that the Walmart stores in my area only stop you if you have a large un-bagged items.

They quickly scan the item and then the receipt to verify that the large item had been rung up. An honest person shouldn't have a problem with verifying they had paid for the product they are leaving with.

@Anonymous

Most Walmart customers don’t deserve dignity and respect. A high percentage are thieves. The only time someone should be insulted is if they are indeed hiding something.

@Anonymous

Unless you belong to a group or clubs like Sams club or Cosco, you can just smile and say no thank you and walk out the door. The law is on your side.