Try phoning in after applying for a job. I'm talking about someone who needs a job ASAP!

Customer service told me that Walmart keeps applications on file for 6 months and will call when they are hiring...AND that all companies do the same. That is complete BS!! I asked to speak with the person in charge of hiring. When told the people in charge of hiring were in a meeting I said, fine, when my son comes in to talk to this person, who does he talk to and where does he find them?

She said he has to make an appointment to talk to them. I said that's fine, when he comes in to make an appointment, where does he do this. She said, come to the back of the store in the layaway area and she herself would page the person to speak with me. The fact is, I don't like being snappy, but I had to in order to find out how to even speak with someone to find out if there is a remote possibility of my son being hired.

My telephone conversation with her was after several attempts by my son to find out from customer service at the Walmart store, who to talk to about a job, since he had submitted his application and resume several days ago.

The lady I spoke with was incredibly rude to me. It's a wonder Walmart has any employees and customers for that matter!!!!!

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 29, 2011.

Comments

You shoulda tried repeatedly slapping the hr manager untill he was hired. It literrly might have been more effective

Can't the "little boy" get a job by himself without his mama making a stink. No one wants to hire a person who has their mommy doing things for them. WAAAAAAAAA....mommy, they won't call me back re: my application..

Wait till this little guy tries to get a real job...ha,ha, :cry

It is all about being "Empowered to be Entitled. There thousands of folks willing to work the process to be hired. Does mama and little "Snookems", understand that the world does not revolve around them.

"Another angry parent," you had me at "My son.." :grin

smedrik

Your son is not entitled to a job and the response that they are not hiring at the moment and will keep his application on file should be sufficient.

As an employer if I had a parent calling me, getting "snappy" and being pushy about her child's application I would not under any circumstance hire him. What this tells me as an employer is that your son is not mature enough to navigate the application process independently. If a person cannot even navigate applying for a job on their own, why would I expect them to be able to do a job on their own?

It took me several years, before they hired me. And I was shocked when they did.

How about the fact that the store probably receives 50 applicants or more every single day, do you think they can hire everyone that puts in an application. As a manager and person who hires potential employees, if I see mommy with an applicant, they are not getting hired.

As an employer, I would not hire him if he could not handle things himself. Mommy, you just embarrassed your son on the internet and to Walmart.

Would you pack his lunch for him too?

Maybe, call the store during his break to see if he is ok or if he needs anything? Make sure he ties his shoes!

First of All it sounds like you are a little bit hostile that might be one of the reason why you did not get the Job and Second of All I know Some Wal-Mart employees that Wal-Mart was their first job, So they don't just go by that.

RE: walmart employee

How exactly "do you "QUALIFY" working for walmart, especially if it is your first job? or even second?

where do you get qualifications from? where do they begin and where do they end? Does walmart ever hire any inexperienced people? isn't that how people start many of their first job/s with inexperience?

Isn't that why they are supposed to provide employee training?

of course it is easier for them to hire someone with a little more experience or training but it does not mean they should discriminate with it! especially when their application "do not say" "previous experince a must"...hmmmm

Walmart gave me the runaround for years, I have had a few interviews where they try to say I contradicted my statements in their "testy" hiring process where they say these tests have no baring on your hiring or job-worthiness.."BS", (NUMEROUS APPLICATIONS IN 3 DIFFERENT STATES OVER 10 YEARS)2 different 2 part interviews, 2 different states even, both gave me the same line of which basically is a legal form of discrimination, they did exactly they were not supposed to do which is use their little "testy-test" to determine whether or not you were going to be hired, document their findings it and use it against you, in which their findings are completely unfound and unproven to begin with and are soley a basis of personal opinion. They make a completely asenine and lenghthy process of application and "so-called testing" to see whether or not you will actually stick around long enough to remain interested and under remote peer pressure, "THEY PSYCHO-ANALYZED ME", "SHOVED MY MORAL REGAURDS ASIDE", "TRIED TO TELL ME WHAT "I" SHOULD THINK", LIKE I WAS A SUB-HUMAN AND IF I DIDN'T MENTALLY FIT INTO THEIR PROGRAM I DID NOT GET TO WORK THERE.

SO BASICALLY THEY WANT "CONFORMIST" WORKING FOR THEM, THIS IS WHAT THEIR TESTING REVEALS, IF YOU SAY YOU WILL RAT SOMEONE BECAUSE THEY WERE STEALING, NO ONE TOLD YOU TO DO IT, YOU DID IT ON YOUR OWN REGAURD EVEN IF IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO THINK THAT WAY IN THEIR STORE, THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO BE A "MORAL CHALLENGER" BECAUSE WHEN WALMART OPERATES IN MAKING THEIR DEALS THEY BREAK SO MANY MORALS OBTAINING THEM THAT THEY HAVE LITERALLY BROKEN THE MORAL CODE OF ETHICS TO BRING IT'S CONSUMERS EVERYDAY LOW PRICES, THEY WANT ROBOTS TO STOCK SHELVES NOT BRAINS.

WHEN THEY GET A SHIPMENT OF HANDTOWELS THAT ARE MADE IN PAKISTAN OR AFGHANISTAN AND A STOCK PERSON FEELS LIKE THAT IT'S A SUPPORT OF TERRORISM, THEY DON'T CARE IF THE CONSUMERS THINK WHETHER IT IS OR IT ISN'T , THEY JUST WANT THOSE *** HANDTOWELS ON THE SHELF! THE LAST THING THEY WANT IS AN EMPLOYEE DROPPING OFF BECAUSE OF MORAL AND ETHICAL EFFICACY, GOD FORBID!

Honest4Sure

Dear OP, To spend the time putting a post such as this for the world to see - do you enjoy humiliating yourself? Where is the logic that if you put an application in you are owed a job.

Get real. Drive your son to an interview and stay in the f----g car.

As soon as a Manager sees a mother(f) - that is a red light the size of Mars to NOT HIRE. Wake up.

Sheldon, Iowa, United States #367054

OMG ARE YOU FOR REAL? YOU PUT HIS APP IN FOR HIM AND THEN WAITED A WHOLE 3 DAYS AND THEY DID NOT HIRE HIM.

THAT RIGHT THERE IS WORTH YOUR LAWYER!!! HA HA HA YOU ARE NUTS. YOU ARE GOING TO THE ONLY BIG BOX STORE IN YOUR LOW LIFE TOWN AND TRYING TO SUE FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT IN GETTING.

NEWS FLASH, PEOPLE CAN HIRE YOU OR NOT HIRE YOU AT THEIR DISCRETION. GOOD LUCK FINDING A LAWYER THAT WILL TAKE THIS CASE FOR FREE, BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY WITH YOUR IDIOTIC POSTS YOU ARE EXTREMELY UN EDUCATED AND POOR.

Wow lady. A little in his business are we? hes an idea, why dont you pop your *** out of his mouth and stop babying him.

first off. the store cant give you any information about WHY your son wasnt hired.

its private information. second... why are you calling the store to begin with.. as a store manager i would never never never talk with you..

it has nothing to do with you..

where is this lazy son of yours ?? he can go in there and find out for himself..

The Diary of a Wimpy Kid :sigh :sigh

Okay now you have went to far as to make fun of the mental handicapped people, They have the same right as your son to have a job, Sounds like you have a case of the sour grapes to me get over it and both you and your son need to do a little bit of Growing Up.

to Walmart Employee Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #539927

You should not be talking at all. Walmart *** you say that you are an equel hiring employer but in the end just a couple days ago I had my interview and they said come back when we pick you and give you a call.

A few days later I put in a Gamestop application talked to the employer and this is an at will hire comany too. Told him I need a job and just that alone was enough to show remorse for my situation. I start next month in beginning or mid of October. So how is it hard to get a job.

You know why, cause you *** make all the people you interview go through such a *** hassle of a process and if it were up to me I would have already shut down all walmarts across america and send all of them to *** china.Not only do you guys have low prices but you treat all your employees low and because of this you are a cruel, emortionly abuseive, and dishonest bunch, and it sickens me. How can any one of you go to sleep at night knowing that youhurt so many people everday. Heres my ultimatem you should have hired the ladys son because we live in america not some 3rd world country. What happened to america is it gone so much that everyone lost the ability to care for others or all you *** trained to be ***.

Cause you know what I aint whining im pissed. And guess what if half italian and my descendents found and made your country lil old US and when I see something I dont like I burst. You and Your Walmart and all Walmarts are the biggest bunch of *** *** punk *** *** sucking *** *** brain washing greedy grubing *** holes and dont respect anyone except yourselves. And for that you all can go SUCK SATANS *** *** IN THE FIERY PITS OF *** AND GET BONED BY HIS DEMONS WHILE YOU *** BLOW HIM.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT *** HIRE YOU ARE *** THATS THE EXCUSE. YOU WANT PEOPLE TO SLAVE AWAY FOR YOU *** AND THEN KICK THEM TO THE CURB LIKE *** DOGS. YOU WANT CONTROL OVER ALL OF THEM. WELL THERES NO SUCH THING.

IF WE DIDN'T LIVE IN AMERICA YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN SENTENCED TO DIE ALREADY, WHAT THIS COUNTRY TOLERATES OTHERS DON'T. AND YOU ALL *** ARE GREAT EXAMPLES OF TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THAT FREEDOM. YOU ARE THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF *** TYRANTS AND DONT DESERVE TO *** LIVE. YOU ALL DESERVE TO JUST *** DIE AND GET BONED BY THE DEVIL WITH HIS *** *** UP ALL YOUR ***, SO *** YOU, *** ALL OF YOU *** ***.

CASE CLOSED WHAT YOU *** DID WAS WRONG.

I am the first in the WORLD to jump on the bandwagon when it comes to trashing walmart...but I have to say in their defense..

Nobody OWES your son a job. Just because he ASKED for it..doesn't mean he's going to get it. Please keep in mind..when you ASK for something, "NO" is an option.

I agree with whaaaa whaaaa. You shouldn't be calling for your lazy *** son who will probably never be able to hold a job.

My guess is he's still living at home, sleeps late, parties late and eats your food. Maybe YOU should have raised him better.