2.7
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Sep 21

The day after posting this review I received an email from corporate WalMart.It requested further information which I sent.

One week later, I received the same e-mail AGAIN. I resubmitted the requested information and have had NO further response. P.S. For those who don't get it.

The issue is NOT the amount of money in question.The issue is truth in advertising and fulfilling promised offers.

Original review posted by user Sep 07

For over a month, my husband and I have tried numerous times to resolve what should have been a simple problem.On July 18, 2017, he purchased a "Hacksaw Ridge" DVD at our local store.

It came with the promise of a free "instant" digital copy on Vudu. He had purchased over 200 movie titles with the same offer in the past. This time, instead of finding a code inside the package that he could enter, he had to enter the TC # and date of purchase on the SavingsCatcher website. The packaging said he had until December 31, 2018 to do this.

We received 2 e-mails from SavingsCatcher. The first said his submission was being processed. The second said his entry was invalid. He called Vudu – several times.

Each time the representative asked for copies of his receipt and the original DVD box (which we submitted) and said he would receive his digital copy. He never did. Finally, he was told to call Lion's Gate. Once again he was asked for a copy of his receipt and the original box.

After multiple calls, he was told that Lion's Gate could not help and was told to call WalMart. A WalMart representative suggested that he return the movie, exchange it for another copy, and submit the new TC# online as the simplest way to resolve the problem. He did this on August 8, 2017. Once again we received an e-mail saying the TC# and/or date of purchase was invalid.

Since then, we have spoken with 2 different WalMart representatives. The second assured us that once Tier 2 reviewed the file, my husband would receive his digital copy. Instead we were asked by Customer Spark/WalMart SavingsCatcher Team still again to submit a copy of our receipt. We did.

The TC# is 79787985865310956886. The date of purchase is August 8, 2017. To date we have submitted this information over 4 times. Instead of resolving the problem, they have come full circle and have "batted" us back to Vudu.

Finally we wrote to the CEO, Doug McMillon.

After two weeks, we have had NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER.Beware of what seems to be a new scam!

Review about: Walmart Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Being batted from one customer service division to another, Being ignored when i wrote to the ceo.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

All that effort for a *** DVD that cost 14 dollars?

So what, you got scammed out of 14 piddly dollars. Take it as a loss and get over it.

To be honest Walmart has nothing to do with any promotions that comes with a movie that is up to the company that handles that movie not Walmart they are sold to Walmart for resale.So any promotions that comes with a movie you have to go through the company that handled the movies.

So Walmart is in the clear of this.You need to take it up with the company behind those movies.

Wow. That is waaaaaay to much time and effort to spend for a freaking movie.