Walmart - Wouldn't Cash My Paycheck

4244 of 5140 Walmart reviews

After waiting 20 minutes in line tonight my local Walmart in Downtown Henderson NV refused to cash my paycheck.

I have a Walmart Debit Card and shop there weekly but my check wasn't approve by their phone system.

I'm done with this BS-They have lost a loyal customer

This is a big joke wasted my time and gas going to do business with a local business that gives me nothing I was so pissed off I didn't go shopping so I guess Take Out Food is the winner .

Walmart has lost my green backs for good.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 107 Yes 107 93 No 93
Had the same issue 103 Yes 103
4244 of 5140 Walmart reviews

Jan 20 #1273591

Their not a bank, go to the a bank, I mean you can't buy Doritos, and paper towels at the bank. NO rollback specials!, but your not complaining about that. I guess now you'll have to go to the bank, cause your done with Walmart your gonna show them! Yeah right, I pick up a copy of fortune 500 next month, and read about how you affected their bottom line, and you ruin them! OH to be young again and really think that it matters to them LOL how cute. The six year old kids sewing their clothes for 4 cents an hour pull more weight then you do, and they won't cash their checks either!

2 0 Reply

Aug 02, 2016 #1193711 Cookeville, Tennessee, United States

regular cashiers are not allowed to cash paychecks anymore to my knowledge. People should just go to the money center to start with.

Nov 02, 2016 #1235385 Tampa, Florida, United States

money center at Walmart = fat lady smacking on gum with extra long nasty curved fingernails and dumass attitude.

0 1 Reply

Apr 12, 2016 #1143742

Have you ever heard of a bank? Retail stores are not in the primary business of cashing checks. It may be a service they offer but if their security system doesn't approve your check don't blame them. Open an account at your local bank and cash your checks there.

6 4 Reply

Sep 02, 2016 #1207040

It might not be possible to open account at a bank. Banks only open accounts for people they want to.

1 3 Reply
ransom

Feb 18, 2016 #1113929

You understand, don't you, that Walmart can provide check cashing services but they are not, in any way, obligated to.
It's inconceivable to me to go to Walmart to cash a pay check.
Have your company direct deposit the pay into your checking account and use your debit card. That's the way the real world does it.

7 4 Reply

Nov 24, 2015 #1068796

My horse is only 15hh, so he really isn't that high at all....It is a scammer in their system that after so many checks are cashed, the scammer company and NOT WM flag your account and then they give you a receipt that says 'order has expired'....then you have to call that scam company. I believe they are in FL. Then the scammer want you to pay a fee to release the 'order has expired' label on your account. It IS a scam and is happening all over.

1 1 Reply
me

Nov 24, 2015 #1068794 Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

Its NOT WM...the same thing happened to me too in UT. got my paychecks cashed every 2 weeks, then BAM...they wouldn't cash...said something about "order has expired"...I was like WTF? So, I called that number they gave me. I had NO bad checks...turned out there is some sort of flagger in the system, and that number I called, well they wanted me to pay them money to "release" the 'order has expired' on my "account". It is a scam. Please know that it was NOT WM, but a scammer has gotten into their system, and after so many paychecks are cashed, it automatically nails you. It has happened to thousands of others as well.

0 1 Reply

Nov 13, 2015 #1063697

How about i prefer to not pay a fee every time i need to buy something...just bc ppl decide they dont want a bank acct doesnt mean its one of those two options...you're an arrogant a$$ who probably inherited your money...do you have nothing better to do than put ppl down for how they choose to get there hard earned money??

2 4 Reply
nicosmom

Nov 13, 2015 #1063696

Pretty bad when its a payroll check from a well known company in our area that isnt small and has lots of money!!

0 0 Reply

Nov 04, 2015 #1058488

Yeah, I have to agree with the other commenters. The lady or man behind that counter has absolutely no say in the matter. For that matter, Walmart really doesn't either. Your frustration is misdirected. The three players in this situation are: you, the bank the check was written off, or your bank. If the person writing the check didn't have funds available, Walmart cannot cash the check- period - it would be fraud. If you are trying to cash a check off your own account and you didn't have a high enough balance to begin with, they are protecting their business and, honestly, doing you a favor in helping you avoid overdraft penalties. I've been poor. It sucks and it's frustrating. But, stomping your feet and claiming they've lost your money and you'll just go eat fast food doesn't make them look bad...it just makes you look like a toddler having a tantrum. Using a Walmart as your personal WellsFargo or Bank of America is silly.

2 2 Reply
nicosmom

Nov 13, 2015 #1063693

This is happening to people tryingto cash payroll checks has nothing to do with personal checks and it happens a lot

1 2 Reply
LadyScot

Feb 14 #1286514 Naples, Florida, United States

Get a bank account like the rest of humanity. Unless you have screwed the banks over and no one will open an account for you.

0 0 Reply
anonymous

Oct 20, 2015 #1051309 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States

they'll probably live through their disappointment. see people all the time use WalMart as their local bank because either they are not grown up enough to have a bank account or their credit is too poor. Which one are you?

3 4 Reply

Nov 23, 2015 #1068610

So what if people cash their checks at walmart, who the *** or you to judge somebody because they don't want a *** bank account....or credit may be poot...get up off your high horse...and be blessed

3 4 Reply

Jan 08, 2016 #1091145

I've had to try to cash a payroll check at WM before. Guess what? I have a bank account. It was late at night, and I had an emergency, and I didn't have enough money in my account to cover it. It happens. I, for one, am thankful that WM is willing to do this.

bull

Jan 15, 2016 #1094921 Madison, Indiana, United States

Actually I use walmart not because I'm not old enough nor my credit. I just don't like banks and their spending limit policies telling me how much of MY money I can have every 24 hours.

1 1 Reply

Oct 16, 2015 #1049577

To your reply about needing money for groceries. If you indeed had a checking account you would certainly know that if you deposit a check thru an ATM after their cutoff time a certain amount ($200 or more in my area) is immediately available for your use. Either your account was overdrawn or you are one of "Those people" that don't trust banks or you cant open an account anymore

1-20 of 75 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.