Las Vegas, Nevada
17.8K views 79 comments

After waiting 20 minutes in line tonight my local Walmart in Downtown Henderson NV refused to cash my paycheck.

I have a Walmart Debit Card and shop there weekly but my check wasn't approve by their phone system.

I'm done with this BS-They have lost a loyal customer

This is a big joke wasted my time and gas going to do business with a local business that gives me nothing I was so pissed off I didn't go shopping so I guess Take Out Food is the winner .

Walmart has lost my green backs for good.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #1345309

Wal-mart has a system that only cashes checks from certain places.This is extremely common for check-cashing locations.

It's no different than a machine that only accepts Visa or Mastercard, but not AmEx.There are many places where you can cash checks that are not banks, although banks are the only places that are 100% insured.

You not shopping there anymore will not cause Wal-Mart one second of worry.

Anyone who thinks banks are their friends obviously hasn't had their "friends" open up your account to the federal, state, or local government to plunder.Banks are an arm of the federal government taking in money either legally or illegally.

I ran a business and the local government didn't apply my tax payments properly, then ran to the bank and took what I had already paid them again. It caused a few headaches for a few days, but since then, I've decided that banks aren't the only way to go.

For everyone shaming this person saying "go to a bank" - you clearly have never had a mistake from the government take your money from the bank and then you're out until they can "correct" it.

These folks are quick to take - but very slow to return.

If Walmart cashes checks, then this person has a reasonable expectation that his should be cashed too.Get off your moral high horses and realize there are other circumstances other than your preconceived notions of how things should be.

realm188
to Anonymous Mannford, Oklahoma, United States #1344879

No wonder you went anonymous. Walmart is not obligated to cash checks.

#1319344

Walmart only has problems cashing checks that have some type of error.Maybe you accidentally put in the wrong social security number, maybe you have outstanding debt that is being reported through greendot.

Ask your payroll department for direct deposit.There - problem solved!

Their not a bank, go to the a bank, I mean you can't buy Doritos, and paper towels at the bank.NO rollback specials!, but your not complaining about that.

I guess now you'll have to go to the bank, cause your done with Walmart your gonna show them! Yeah right, I pick up a copy of fortune 500 next month, and read about how you affected their bottom line, and you ruin them! OH to be young again and really think that it matters to them LOL how cute.

The six year old kids sewing their clothes for 4 cents an hour pull more weight then you do, and they won't cash their checks either!

Cookeville, Tennessee, United States #1193711

regular cashiers are not allowed to cash paychecks anymore to my knowledge. People should just go to the money center to start with.

to Anonymous Tampa, Florida, United States #1235385

money center at Walmart = fat lady smacking on gum with extra long nasty curved fingernails and dumass attitude.

Have you ever heard of a bank?Retail stores are not in the primary business of cashing checks.

It may be a service they offer but if their security system doesn't approve your check don't blame them.Open an account at your local bank and cash your checks there.

to Anonymous #1207040

It might not be possible to open account at a bank. Banks only open accounts for people they want to.

LadyScot
to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #1253266

You mean people who have not ripped a bank off before.