Walmart - Wouldn't Let Me Buy My Beer!

3719 of 5140 Walmart reviews

I was at Walmart on July 5th. I was checking out. I had 3 little boys with me all under the age of 9. I had all of my grocery on the check out counter and I had a case of beer on bottom of the buggy. Well, I tell my kids to stand by the buggy,1, so they are not in the way and 2, so no one pick my kids up and hit the door before I can reach them. So this lady had already bagged and rang up all of my stuff except for the beer. She goes to ring it up and then throws her hands in the air and says she can't ring the beer up because of the kid's foot that had touched the box.

I asked her to please ring the beer up so we could leave and she couldn't because it was the law. She couldn't sell it to me even if I took the kids to the car. She said it was the law and she could lose her job. This is the most *** thing I have ever heard. I told her so. She acted like I was buying the beer for them. Mind you, they were all under 9 years old. She was showing out like I had done something wrong in front of God and everybody.

I have tried to call the Walmart there to talk to the management and no one comes to the phone. I will not be going back to this Walmart store ever again. I have been going to this store for the past 15 years. I go 2 or 3 times a week. I spend 2 or 3 hundred dollars a week there. I don't ever drink beer but the point is she acted like a crazy person. I don't ever like to buy beer, but my husband works and he likes to drink so I pick it up for him. She made me feel like I was trying to buy beer for the kids. I was very angry. Had I thought about it, I would have just left her with the whole buggy and the stuff to put up. I just wanted someone to know because I was very upset and can't get anyone on the phone.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 3 Yes 3 1 No 1
Had the same issue 11 Yes 11
3719 of 5140 Walmart reviews

Feb 16 #1289294

Next time just try 2 go without the kids. Maybe the cashier was having a bad day. Don't spite your nose from your face. Walmart is a lot cheaper 4 groceries than other stores. Don't try 2 over spend @ the other stores. I would go back but don't check out in her line.God bless mam!

KevinRichards

Nov 09, 2014 #897757 Orange, California, United States

So you are willing to have the cashier fired, and as well to abandon and endanger your child just for beer. That is called having a drinking problem.

0 2 Reply

Aug 10, 2014 #854586

You must have a drinking problem if you want her to risk breaking the law and losing her job just to get your beer. You must have a drinking problem to leave your children unattended in a car where they can get kidnapped just so you can purchase the beer. The fact that you would choose to purchase beer and that is more important than your children's safety shows you care more about beer than your children which means you have an alcohol problem. She was not the crazy one, what was crazy is your leaving the children in the car alone abandoning/neglecting them just to buy your beer. I will be showing this review to my local CPS and showing them that you left your children unsupervised in a car, just to buy beer, your children being under nine years old.

0 3 Reply
Ark

Aug 10, 2014 #854473

I'm a Walmart cashier myself and I have encountered issues where I was unable to sell alcohol, but under completely different circumstances (expired I.Ds, having no ID; once even a 19 yr old girl gave money to her older boyfriend when she thought I wasn't looking)... But for behalf of this cashier you had a problem with, I apologize.
The cashier you encountered was over-reacting, and poorly represents how other Walmart cashiers behave. Every store is different, and so is the management and staff. I hope something like that doesn't happen again. :-

2 2 Reply

Jul 14, 2012 #512658

The reason your husband wants to drink is because you are ugly. Here are some beer facts said by Al Bundy as someone stated on your other post.

"All right, number one - if it wasn't for beer, there would be at least three people, who probably wouldn't be married - Me, Jefferson, and probably Lisa Marie Presley. Number two - since men buy beer, advertisers have to cater to what we want. And hold on to your corncob pipe - we like pretty women. Pretty women sell beer, ugly women sell tennis rackets. Pretty women - cars; ugly women - minivans. Pretty women make us buy beer, and ugly women make us *drink beer*.

1 3 Reply
IHateStupidCustomers

Jul 14, 2012 #512621

yeah, this person from Apollo is just making up stories.

Jul 11, 2012 #511124

You do realize that this person is trolling right. If not she has mental issues, just like mrslea or whatever name she is going to use in the future.

Why not both?

Jul 11, 2012 #511122

None of your business you seem angry, maybe a few beers will make you feel better.

None of your business

Jul 11, 2012 #511044

Really?you people are beyond ridiculous!u obviously dont have kids or a husband,get a life,i feel your stupidity,& it hurts :(

To Jedi Knight Ethan

Jul 11, 2012 #511026

Jul 11, 2012 #510807

"I would surely cause some serious havoc and make abundant complaints towards this cashier in every possible outlet there is"

Then surely you would appear as drunk. The point is the cashier was just following the law.

Also she stated that she would leave her children in the car to buy the beer, if you think this is acceptable perhaps you are a parent who neglects her children to your benefit. She wrote this complaint on complaintsboard.com as well and said that she would leave her children home alone, just to buy the beer. You must have drinking problems if you think it is okay for her to break the law and leave her children in the car just to get the beer. Did you not read that part or are were you too drunk to see that part. That is the issue, not them refusing to sell her the beer. She also even admitted in complaintsboard that she drinks beer so she does not get angry at her children and hurt them, that it calms her down.

Jul 11, 2012 #510803

fear motor
You are assuming that the cashier refused to sell the beer because the kids touched the box with her foot, you are just reading one side of the story,it appears that they are not selling the beer because her children were with her. If you reread the review you will see that she was willing to abandon her children in the car just so that she could buy the beer, yet she claims to be a good parent by having her children stand by the side of the cart so no one kidnaps them. If she is willing enough to suggest leaving the children in the car just so she can buy her precious beer than obviously she has a drinking problem. The author embarrassed herself by even asking that if she left the children in the car would she sell the beer. I bet all the customers were shocked just as we are that she should do this just to get beer. It is also illegal for them to sell beer for those who are under the influence or have a drinking problem, an leaving her children in the car just to buy beer is a good indication she has a drinking problem. It is against the law to leave them in the car even for three minutes and she was implying she would do this just to get the beer, how sad is that.

BigBruce

Jul 11, 2012 #510645

"is there any discretion here exercised by the cashier?" - In some states, THIS IS THE LAW. THERE IS NO DISCRETION IF IT IS THE LAW. If you have a problem with it, write your legislator who passed the dumb law.

fear motor

Jul 11, 2012 #510587

i agree with the author! i understand and empathize with how she feels and was treated. it's all in the approach of the cashier: ok, so her kids foot unintentionally touched the box of beer. is there any discretion here exercised by the cashier? it seems that the cashier over-reacted and made unnecessary fuss regarding this and humiliated the customer. the cashier embarrased themselves and the customer. i could understand if the kids were teenagers and were carrying the case of beer or communicating about drinking, but it is highly unlikely that 9 and under children even know what beer is. what authority would ever consider this a worthy issue just because some kids foot touched the box. this law is there to minimize under-age drinking and contributing to the delinquency of minors. it is not there to harrass or over-react to a customer that is simply shopping with her children. so in this case, should of this customer hired a babysitter just to go shopping? i would probably not discontinue shopping at Walmart, but i would surely cause some serious havoc and make abundant complaints towards this cashier in every possible outlet there is. I would also never go to this cashier's lane again. The reason I would continue to shop at Walmart is because they are cheap, stocked, and open 24/7/364.5!!! And to all the lamers that couldn't see pass their own pre-judgements and misconceptions, maybe it is you guys that are alcoholics?

Jul 11, 2012 #510547

Judging from her posts I think she is the alcoholic. They would probably have the same law in the other store. Most likely they are lying about the law IMO because she appeared already drunk. But if you read her review she was willing to leave her children in the car just to buy her beer, then she worries about their safety and says she told them to stand by the cart so no one can grab them and take them out of the store without her stopping them. In other words I think she is the alcoholic. They lied about the law because she already had a few too many. I mean what mother other than veganchicka would leave a child in the car unattended just to buy beer, what mother would risk her children's safety for that. She said, she could not even sell the beer even if she took the kids to the car what kind of mother would leave her children in the care even for ten minutes so she can buy beer.

IHateStupidCustomers

Jul 11, 2012 #510542

in no part of your post, it seemed like she was accusing you of buying beer for your kids. she was just simply defending herself and telling you that she has to follow the law and not risk losing her job. but what do you care? you just wanted to buy the beer for your lazy, probably alcoholic, husband. maybe you were just worried that he would beat you if you didn't get his precious case of beer?

Simon

Jul 10, 2012 #510185

LOL! You'll be back. As sure as the sun rises, you'll be back at Wal-Mart before the week is out.

Jul 10, 2012 #509893

". Well, I tell my kids to stand by the buggy,1, so they are not in the way and 2, so no one pick my kids up and hit the door before I can reach them. "

You want to them standing by the buggy so no one can hit the door before you reach them, yet you are willing to have them unattended in a car where someone can take the car and kidnap them, yeah right troll complaint. Either that or you are care more about drinking than your own children.

Jul 10, 2012 #509890

"he couldn't sell it to me even if I took the kids to the car."

Further more that is considered child abandonment. It is pretty sick that you would make your kids sit in the car where anything can happen to them just to buy beer, which proves you should not be drinking.

Jul 10, 2012 #509889

So because she was obeying the law you took your anger out on her. Lady if you are like this while sober you really don't need the beer.

"I have been going to this store for the past 15 years. I go 2 or 3 times a week. I spend 2 or 3 hundred dollars a week there."

I have said these things before and I will say it again.

If you have been going to this store for 15 years with no problem and the one time you face a problem you vow not to return you are not as loyal a customer as you claim.

Two or three hundred dollars a week is nothing to them, they an make that much in less than an hour, most likely in ten or 15 minutes.

Please get help before you teach your children to be as ignorant as you and or hurt them in anger.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.