5.0
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

SHOPPED AT WALMART AT 3240 WILKINSON BLVD. CLT NC, AS I WAITED FOR CASHIER TO LOAD TO LOAD MY ITEMS INTO CART SHE STOOD THERE LOOKING AT ME ASKED AREN'T YOU GOING TO LOAD MY CART SHE RESPONDS THAT AIN'T MY JOB I'D JUST LEFT MY JOB I TOLD HER AND ASKED FOR THE MANAGER , THE MANAGER POLITELY LOADED MY GROCERIES, AND SAID IT IS THE RESPONSIBILTY OF THE CASHIER THESE WORKERS HAVE BECOME SO LAXED WITH DOING NOTHING BUT HITTING THE KEYS ON THE REGISTER THEY LOOK AT YOU WITH ATTITUDE IF YOU DON'T DO WHAT THEIR PAID TO DO. SMH..

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Cashier.

Comments

In all honesty it's not her job. You just wanted to find something to complain about today.

OP:

This is an FYI...

There are grocery stores in the U.S. where the cashier will bag your groceries and load your cart.

However, in England it is the opposite. The customer bags their own groceries and loads their own cart.

It also like this at Aldi grocery store, which is owned by a German company.

You have to bring your own bags and load your groceries yourself.

aliens_amoung_us

In all my years (I'm over 50), I have never had a cashier, nor asked a cashier, nor ever witnessed a cashier, load a cart for someone. And I worked in retail. So this is either something brand new, or maybe some people are just demanding.

Either way, I can load my own cart.

At my store it's quite the opposite, customers normally load their own carts as quickly as I bag items. I for one and more than happy to and have no absolutely no issue with loading carts for the customer, especially if they're elderly or disabled.

Now whether or not it's store policy to load carts for the customers, I am unaware of as I only do up front cashiering when I am called to which is rarely. Ridiculous how some associates can catch an attitude.